Sizzling in September! Week 1 (OPEN GROUP)

Options
Hello sizzlers!

Officially - welcome to the group! This group will REMAIN open in order to allow new people to join (because isn't it sad when you notice a new group and really want to join but just missed out on joining by a few days? :wink: ), if anyone new wants to join from here on out please let me know by messaging me and I will add you to the list!

I have tabulated all of our "week 1" details! You can keep track here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBopJUzZv_-dGtmeFRQeUpBZ1VMUkhObmt3NFlZamc&hl=en_GB

(Thanks again for the idea Jenn!). I will be updating each week with our details. It seems everyone was pretty happy with friday as our weigh in day, and as this will technically be the first day of each new week in September, I agree that it suits :happy:

I appreciate all ideas and comments coming in, keep it up ladies! I would love to form a list to post that we can all print out and stick on the fridge to make sure we get all our challenges done :)

Housekeeping: As mentioned before, I am located in Australia so my time zones don't exactly mesh up with a lot of you. So many people joined while I was snoring last night - but I am so happy to see the group gaining support! So please don't think I have disappeared if I don't respond right away.

About me - I am 25, live at the Gold Coast in Australia with my boyfriend of almost 3 years. We have no children yet but would love to get a kitty-furbaby soon. I work full time as a radiology receptionist and typist, and am about 2/3 of the way through studying for my law degree as an off-campus student. I am currently trying to teach myself the art of sewing, and enjoy geocaching on the weekends (when I have tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime). I read a ridiculous amount for work and school, but also love to read fiction every day - I am currently reading "Game of Thrones", though "Harry Potter" will always be my favourite. I'm super chatty too, so if there is anything else anyone is interested to know, feel free to ask :laugh: though be prepared for my looooong winded responses!

Looking forward to sharing your successes and mine this month! (If I've missed anything, please let me know as I am FAR from infallible hehehe!)

- Nikita

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! We are official!!!
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump... I'm game! Sent message to you...
  • MelanieOnTheRun
    Options
    yay im so excited for our group! also the spreadsheet idea is awesome!

i will tell a little about me too =)
    my name is melanie and i am 22 years old. i really want to lose as much weight as i can (healthy way of course) by my 23rd birthday which is november 23rd. i just graduated from miami university of oxford, ohio in may. i received my bachelors in education and want to be a teacher =) unfortunately i was unable to find a full time job for this school year so i will be substituting. i also work part time at my uncle's restaurant as a waitress. i help coach a 4th grade cheerleading squad and was a cheerleader for nine years. i also love to read =)

cant wait to have many successes with our group! lets get super hot sizzlers =)
  • zachsmom77665
    Options
    I want to join
  • poeticsweet
    Options
    I would love to join! This would be my first group... Sounds fun!
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ok so I forgot to mention for anyone who is just joining us - the original thread when we set up this group can be found here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333067-new-open-group

As for what details I need:

MFP'er:
    weight:
    bust/chest:
    waist:
    hips:
    1km/mile time: (I understand many ppl don't feel love for the metric system, but using the imperial system here is like using a dirty word and trying to convert miles hurts my head so we will just have both lol... or you can use an online converter such as http://www.derbyshireguide.co.uk/miles-into-kilometres.htm which converts both ways, up to you! Just make sure to let me know which system you are using!)

And this week's challenges:

Week beginning 1 Sept - Weekly goals (as previously mentioned:
    1. Try at least one new vegetable/fruit and report back about your experience.
    2. Minimum 3.5 hours of exercise this week.
    3. Identify at least one NSV (non scale victory) for the week and share your story with us.

1 Sept: 1 minute of jumping jacks/starjumps + 1 minute of burpees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2cPYR0lRUE) + 1 minute of pushups (whatever style is hardest but achieveable for you) + 2 minute of fast stairs or 1 minute of step ups for each leg = 5 minutes of cardio to get us all moooooooooooooving!

2 Sept: 1km.mile time challenge

3 Sept: 2x15 walking lunges, 2x15 squats, plank/hover as long as you can hold it!

4 Sept: 5 minutes of core strengthening yoga :) for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnaDlKhifkQ

5 Sept: drink at least 2.5L water

6 Sept: 2x25 crunches, 2 x15 tricep dips

7 Sept: Review your motivation photos and remind yourself what you are doing all this for!

Further days' challenges are still open for suggestion - please share any ideas or requests as I am trying to form a longer list for us all to print out!

I have also updated the spreadsheet with details of new participants:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBopJUzZv_-dGtmeFRQeUpBZ1VMUkhObmt3NFlZamc&hl=en_GB

So... how did we all go with today's challenge??
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, it was WAY too hot to walk outside. It was 94 with heat index over 100. And that was at 5pm!!! So, I did it on my boring treadmill. 16 min mile. I am always slower on the treadmill... Today I am going Kayaking with the family. I am going to wear my HRM just for the heck of it and see. Not sure how much of a work out it will be, so I may log it or not. Not sure.
  • tattereds
    Options
    Way to go Jenn! Oh and I love kayaking, have fun!
  • josaleigh
    Options
    I love that you are posting the week challenges ahead of time! I can make notes and complete them without logging on to the forum first thing every morning.

YAY!

BTW anyone in the group feel free to friend me! The more the merrier!!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    any time you go a day or two with out working you feel it
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Official group! Awesome!
    My name is Laura. I am 26 years old. I am the mother of 2 beautiful little girls, 4 and 6. I work 2 jobs. One as a preschool teacher, and also as a waitress at my family's restaurant. I am currently in school for early childhood education, and am hoping to graduate in the next 2 years (fingers crossed!!)
    I want to loose as much weight as I can by March (My birthday!!) So far I am up to 27lbs lost. When I started, I had over 100 to loose before I would be at a healthy weight, so, I'm about a quarter of the way through! I am most excited about learning to live a healthy life. I now understand what a healthy meal s, and how to exercise...both of which were foreign ideas to me just a few months ago. haha!
    Good luck to everyone!!
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Here's my stats:
    MFP'er: Cricketannie
    height: 5'6"
    weight: 242
    bust/chest: 45"
    waist: 41"
    hips: 51"
    1 mile = 15min
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ok so I forgot to mention for anyone who is just joining us - the original thread when we set up this group can be found here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333067-new-open-group

As for what details I need:

MFP'er:
    weight:
    bust/chest:
    waist:
    hips:
    1km/mile time: (I understand many ppl don't feel love for the metric system, but using the imperial system here is like using a dirty word and trying to convert miles hurts my head so we will just have both lol... or you can use an online converter such as http://www.derbyshireguide.co.uk/miles-into-kilometres.htm which converts both ways, up to you! Just make sure to let me know which system you are using!)

And this week's challenges:

Week beginning 1 Sept - Weekly goals (as previously mentioned:
    1. Try at least one new vegetable/fruit and report back about your experience.
    2. Minimum 3.5 hours of exercise this week.
    3. Identify at least one NSV (non scale victory) for the week and share your story with us.

1 Sept: 1 minute of jumping jacks/starjumps + 1 minute of burpees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2cPYR0lRUE) + 1 minute of pushups (whatever style is hardest but achieveable for you) + 2 minute of fast stairs or 1 minute of step ups for each leg = 5 minutes of cardio to get us all moooooooooooooving!

2 Sept: 1km.mile time challenge

3 Sept: 2x15 walking lunges, 2x15 squats, plank/hover as long as you can hold it!

4 Sept: 5 minutes of core strengthening yoga :) for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnaDlKhifkQ

5 Sept: drink at least 2.5L water

6 Sept: 2x25 crunches, 2 x15 tricep dips

7 Sept: Review your motivation photos and remind yourself what you are doing all this for!

Further days' challenges are still open for suggestion - please share any ideas or requests as I am trying to form a longer list for us all to print out!

I have also updated the spreadsheet with details of new participants:

So... how did we all go with today's challenge??

Hello Sizzlers!

I am so glad to join your challange

Since I am just starting today I am going to do sept 1- 3 today.

My NSV this week is: With out telling him, my Boyfriend noticed that I have lost a few inches, he says my mid-section is smaller!
    I am trying strawberries this week in place of a snack. see how it goes.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

MFP'er: anu_6986
    height: 5' 6"
    weight: 81kg
    bust/chest: 36"
    waist: 38"
    hips: 43"

1km: 10mins

I am Anu from Bangalore, I am an IT professional. Currently I live with my mom, also have a boyfriend of 8yrs... I lost quite a bit of weight last year but then due to some personal issues couldn't exercise and gained it back slowly.. i am trying this again.
  • katharine1980
    katharine1980 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    MFP'er:
    height: 5*3
    weight: 213
    bust/chest: 38D
    waist: 35
    hips: 48
    1 mile=10:00

Hi
    My name is Kate. Im 31, wife, mother, and registered nurse. I go to school @ night for my masters. I love my job, my family but i just want to be happy with myself, and that requires me to be fit and healthy. I would like to be 160lbs by Valentines day, My husband and i are planning to have another baby and want to start trying a year from now. i want to be the healthiest i can be. I look forward to taking this journey with all of you.!!
  • cladou2
    cladou2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just sent my message. I am ready to RUMBLE!!!
  • tattereds
    Options
    We have a really great group so far, well varied and raring to get into meeting our goals :happy: A few of us seem to be long-termers too, so maybe if this month works out well we will carry on next month?

Awesome NSV and good job starting on the weekly challenge by introducing some strawberries Holly (soccer_chick916)! Let us know how you go. Personally, I'm going to try some asparagus with my salmon tomorrow night for dinner. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it? So far I've come up with "blanched":embarassed: It's a bit foreign to me hahaha!

I'm working on the challenges for week 2 today, and will hopefully have that nice long list I keep promising available soon :)

Love hearing from you all. How are the daily challenges going??
  • tattereds
    Options
    Phew! I have been hard at work and have formulated a list of all the challenges for the month - I would appreciate any feedback and further suggestions!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SsEmOzTd-JhN4iQ5bdfLpPsxpND6dLqOUDhX5OiNnRk/edit?hl=en_US

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend :happy:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I made Salmon for the first time last weekend i baked it and turn out really dry So if any one has any good recipes for that it would be great. The new food i pick up this week is BreakFast on the GO brand is Emerald it is a nuts and granola mix. I pick it up from Walmart and they come in a diffiernt Flavors and it was pretty good and feeling Kinda like trail mix