What Can I Order at Starbucks Now? =(

Options

Replies

• SereneWinter
    SereneWinter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do you find it is still creamy enough when its made with non-fat? I'm so afraid i'll take one sip and need a huge glug of half n half. Of course there is no way I'd do that. LOL
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    skip the whipped cream and ask for non fat. Otherwise I stick with iced coffee with a little half and half and sugar, I measure my half and half out before going so the total beverage is about 70 calories.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm on a "tall iced skinny french vanilla late" kick. It has 66 cals whoohoo!
  • delrioway
    delrioway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Serene- I make coffee at home, put it in a pitcher and have iced coffee all week. Sometimes I shake it up with some protein powder and a little unsweetened soy milk. Sometimes just a little light cream. I don't go for any of the sweet stuff, but I am sure you could figure this out.

I make ice coffee at home too. Sometimes I add almond extract for a flavor and sweeten with stevia or xylitol. Also cocoa powder is not that much calories and you can have a mocha flavor, iced or hot. I use a little half and half and almond milk. Maybe you can find a caramel flavoring...
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the greatest thing of all time that you canNOT get at Starbucks. Large iced or hot coffee with a tablespoon or two of sweetened condensed milk. Around 130 calories and NOM.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    No fat cafe latte either hot or cold. I have them add some sugar and it is just really ridiculous! I think a tall is like 100 calories with about 10g of protein. Can not wait to get out tomorrow to grocery shop and make my weekend run!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I got a cappuccino machine and I make my own coffee drinks at home. I know exactly what goes into them. I can make them to my taste, it's cheaper, and healthier.

However, I do treat myself to Starbucks about once a month. I just plan it into my daily calorie allowance. I make sure to work out in the morning, and I get it soon after working out when my metabolism is at it's peak.

God bless!
  • akrzyzewski
    akrzyzewski Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try drinking coffee with just milk for a while. Then start drinking it black. I used to like sweet coffee but I forced myself to drink it black my sophomore year in college. Your taste buds will get used to it, especially if you need the caffeine. It may sound a little harsh, but it is possible, because I've for forced myself to like so many healthy foods that it's really refined my palate.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    light grande cafe vanilla frappacino

its only 178 calories and its super delicious :drinker:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Skinny Vanilla Latte - grande size is 130 calories I believe. 0 fat. Way worth it, imho

It's actually 110 calories, the Grande is only 80. It's yummy!

No no...I get skinny lattes all the time...used to work at SBUX HQ as well lol...it's 130 cals for a grande, 90 for a tall. That includes the vanilla, hazelnut and cinnamon dolce (they might have 1 or 2 other sugar free syrups)
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Do you find it is still creamy enough when its made with non-fat? I'm so afraid i'll take one sip and need a huge glug of half n half. Of course there is no way I'd do that. LOL

I do - but then my drink of choice at Starbucks is a Grande non-fat Latte with a little nutmeg and cinnamon sprinkled on top!
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Any of the light frappuccinos are good, & they use Truvia in the light coffee base instead of Splenda (I try to stay away from Splenda). Sometimes I add whip, most of the time I don't.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i only drink the iced drinks - and ive been having an iced grande skinny cinnamon dolce for 80 calories every day. it's sweet enough (i dont like strong drinks) and creamy enough.

the hot skinny cinnamon dolce, grande, is 130 calories. so i'll save that 50 calories and get it iced! :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    i only drink the iced drinks - and ive been having an iced grande skinny cinnamon dolce for 80 calories every day. it's sweet enough (i dont like strong drinks) and creamy enough.

the hot skinny cinnamon dolce, grande, is 130 calories. so i'll save that 50 calories and get it iced! :)

The only real reason you're saving 50 calories is from all that ice displacing milk...so if you're that concerned about 50 calories and crave a hot drink, get a tall hot one(90 cals), liquid-wise it's probably about the same as the grande iced.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Before I stopped putting any form of sweetener in my coffee, I used to get a grande regular coffee with sugar free vanilla syrup. I used to love the skinny vanilla lattes, but my wallet did not, so it was cheaper to just add the syrup to regular coffee. But, you also save the calories from all that milk.
  • atla_moves
    Options
    I don't like the skinny lattes, cause I think the artificial sugar taste is kinda nasty. And I hate skim milk.

Instead, I do tall soy lattes. The soy milk isn't as "thin" tasting as skim, and it's vanilla soy.. so it adds a bit of sweetness too. Definitely yummy.
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I still can't figure out how the latte I make at home: 1 1/2 c non fat milk (12oz) plus 3 shots of espresso comes to 150 calories when I log it in and then according to the Starbucks website their Grande 16oz non fat latte comes to 130 calories.
    What non fat milk are they using? There can't be that big of a discrepancy.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Skinny vanilla latte. Sugar free syrup and fat free milk.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The website has a whole list of drinks under a certain amount of calories. I think it's 200 or 300. They also have a list of foods under 400cal...