Name one food item that you stopped eating

Options

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to McDonald's or any other fast food (except Chiptole) in 2.5 years....
  • vscott913
    vscott913 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    HA!! Love that whole post PatientBearTiger!!! I would say I don't eat much fast food anymore, but I don't think I've totally given up anything. I'll still have the occasional bit of chocolate, or a french fry, or a small bag of chips... just not every day and in MUCH smaller doses. I have become MUCH more conscious of my sodium intake than I used to be and I avoid foods more now that I see have a high sodium content... or I minimize them, but I don't think there is any one specific food I've given up just because of this site. My goal is to live as normal a life as I can, enjoying all the foods I like, just not as much or as frequently. If I stay under my net goal amount for the day, it doesn't matter what I eat. That said, I don't want to waste calories on foods with little to no nutrition.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Simple carbs, pretty much. Bread, pasta, potatoes.

Right now I'm working on giving up processed things (90 calorie bars, etc.) and diet soda!
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Potato Chips!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Poop. And squirrels. Little *kitten* are kinda stringy anyway.

This. And ribs.
  • Valechka
    Options
    High calorie pasties like bear claw , also sometimes I used to have coffee and donuts with co-workers, and easily would eat 2 of them, nowdays I just drink coffee and even not craving those donuts and we go there almost every other day!
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    High calorie pasties

I thought pasties were those things that strippers put on their nipples??? I don't eat those anymore either.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    .....your mom? :drinker:
  • vscott913
    vscott913 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @ Chevy88Grl: Congrats on reaching your goal! You look fantastic!
  • sexi_new_me
    Options
    Fast food and fried foods..and i only drink water and milk
  • Beneaththesurface
    Options
    I gave up Doritos.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    red meat. :glasses:
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    Pasta & Macaroni and Cheese... I miss it :(
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Pasta & Macaroni and Cheese... I miss it :(

I just get the Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Mac n Cheese, 270 cals per container :smile:
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I used to treat ourselves to waffles on Saturday morning. The week I started MFP I ran the numbers and ONE waffle with a pat of margarine and syrup 700 calories! 700! ACK! so we don't eat waffles anymore,
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Fried has Died.

I've eliminated an entire category.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I used to treat ourselves to waffles on Saturday morning. The week I started MFP I ran the numbers and ONE waffle with a pat of margarine and syrup 700 calories! 700! ACK! so we don't eat waffles anymore,
    I have a really good waffle recipe that might save your weekend :happy:
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I've greatly reduced certain foods that I used to eat frequently but I can't think of anything that I have completely given up. Things I used to eat regularly that I have had only a few times since I've adjusted my eating are white rice, flour tortillas, donuts, fast foods, and soda.
  • clippershore
    Options
    All manner of vending machine snacks. In three bites you've consumed over 300 calories and are out the better part of a dollar. I figured it'd be much healthier to just swallow the money!

I totally agree, and that is what I cut out too. I use to be one of those people who would grab and snack and a pop out of the machines on my way into work each day, and I don't anymore.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Soda and chips. *sigh* lol