Smaller meals; more snacks.

2»

Replies

• sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    naturally without counting i eat around 2,500 to 3,000 calories a day. With counting calories i go from 1,300 to 2000 a day. I never really thought of being an over eater because of having emotional problems but im starting to view things differently because of this site.

I aim low during the day and finish off my calories at night but that isnt the healthiest thing to do. what I should be doing is eating the majority of my calories during lunch and breakfast and having light dinners but its hard to switch because i wasnt raised that way.

i know alot of people usually stick to the 300 calorie meals as a way to balance it out but when i was aiming for 1,300 calories per day it never worked out for me. when i brought my calories up so that i was losing half a pound a day i saw a greater amount of success and less guilt and worrying. weight loss is a very slow process and it should be that way.

your doing great holly!
  • yesss! before i started this i'd eat constantly, so small meals with snacks in between are natural for me. i usually try to stay under 300 calories, and snacks are 60 (string cheese) to 150 (almonds) calories. i eat snacks whenever i'm hungry. i'm hoping it will help shrink my stomach too :D

you can look at my food diary if you'd like- for snacks i pretty much eat almonds, celery, celery with cream cheese, string cheese, or a hardboiled egg,m and will be eating edamame when i find some that doesn't taste like crap :P
    Good snack suggestions, especially the edamame. However, I looked at your food diary and noticed you ate between 500-800 calories each day this week. Your weight loss ticker states that you need to lose 325 pounds. Right now, you can lose efficiently at about 1600 calories per day. You are only harming your metabolism by eating at such low amounts.

Yogurt, fruits, hummus with carrots, and celery sticks with peanut butter make good snacks.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    I have to eat every 3 hours or so or I get cranky and distracted by my stomach rumbling. I usually eat breakfast, then a granola bar and fruit a few hours later, then I have a small lunch, then I eat a few hours later (maybe cottage cheese), then I eat dinner, and maybe I'll eat something after that if I'm hungry. I basically graze all day, but I make sure I have things portioned out so it's easy as pie to eat six times a day. My calorie limit per day is 1,620 so each meal averages out to about 270 calories. However, I tend to have a smaller breakfast (maybe 150 calories) to get me going for the day so I can distribute the rest of the calories out throughout the day.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    My meals average from about 200-350 calories per meal. Sometimes around 150 depending on how long it has been since I ate last. I don't go above 500 though. I eat every two hours and drink tons of water. I like wasa crackers as snacks with light Laughing Cow cheese. Multigrain chips and hummus is another for me as well for a snack.