healthy or obsessed?

Options
2»

Replies

• lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    After decades of struggling to make good choices I can't say that I just crave the good stuff now. Sigh, wouldn't that be fabulous!! It isn't like Godiva has gone out of business:) But, as you have discovered, it does get easier the more you do it. My question is How on earth does YOUR eating wings help your friend? I think I would ask myself, What kind of friend feels good because I am doing something that will hurt me? Is she jealous that you are getting healthier, guilty that she is still making choices she knows are bad for her? Eventually, we just have to gently but firmly help our family and friends understand that we are doing what is good for us and would really appreciate their support. If you can't get them on board, stop going out to eat with them. Hope that helps. My analysis--HEALTHY
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! Great solution.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    If you are not talking about it, and just order what you want they probably won't notice that you are a health nut :) If on the other hand you hem and haw out loud about what you want compared to what you are going to order that will become an annoyance to anyone. Go with them ,order what you are going to order be it healthy or not and don't mention it either way. See if that makes her less inclined to feel like she is pigging out.
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    thanks all. I should say that I know it;s important to treat yourself. If you look at my diary I often indulge in starbucks and buttered popcorn. I NEVER tell others what to eat (unless they ask how much something is), but the funniest thing about my friend is she's also actively conscious about her diet even though she's miles ahead of me in the health dept. I think my hubz biggest complaint is that it takes me forever to make the best choice when we go out and that's annoying to him.

I think I'm just going to go forward as I am and throw one chicken wing meal in there and try not to feel guilty about it!

cheers