No Such Thing as Bad Foods aka "Junk Foods"

Options
124»

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, "healthy" is very subjective.

Sure, to a model or bodybuilder, having mcdonalds would be a total nono. However, to most people, keeping a relatively healthy diet, and keeping it going indefinitely, is more important then eating 100% healthy.

We all know things like mcdonalds aren't "healthy", but we also know ourselves. We know we need the odd bit of junk, and we know the odd bit of junk wont hurt us, as we arent going for 100% healthy. If you can do 100% healthy, and stick like that forever, great! More power to you! :drinker:

But most of us cant do that, we know our limits, and we arent willing to sacrifice 100% of our junk just to be that 1% healthier.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, "healthy" is very subjective.

Sure, to a model or bodybuilder, having mcdonalds would be a total nono. However, to most people, keeping a relatively healthy diet, and keeping it going indefinitely, is more important then eating 100% healthy.

We all know things like mcdonalds aren't "healthy", but we also know ourselves. We know we need the odd bit of junk, and we know the odd bit of junk wont hurt us, as we arent going for 100% healthy. If you can do 100% healthy, and stick like that forever, great! More power to you! :drinker:

But most of us cant do that, we know our limits, and we arent willing to sacrifice 100% of our junk just to be that 1% healthier.

Agreed and I believe in many cases it's not even a matter of not being able to eat only 100% healthy items but rather it's a matter of not wanting to. If I can maintain a good weight and bloodwork while still incorporating those so called "junk foods" that I also enjoy, then that's the route I'm going to go. For me being 100% pure in diet is not a goal, I enjoy those other foods and as part of my enjoyment of life being able to eat socially is important too. So I just continue to learn how to do that in a healthy manner.