BMI... How much has yours changed?

Options
Ok.. i know a lot of people don't go by BMI but fact is in the UK anyway that the whole 'obese / morbidly obese' label has been around my neck for a LONG time...
Well I realised today that my BMI will have dropped and I'm heading towards 'overweight' YAY!!
so, I checked it out and.. have gone from 41 something to 31 something this year! I'm so pleased, and am only 10lb away from that 'overweight' label!
Can't wait to kick Obese into touch!

How much has yours changed? Have you broken into a new bracket?

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    35.5 (obese) to 27.4 (currently overweight.)
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    congrats :)

& i dont know, i was told by my doctor when i was pregnant that i was obese, but then later was told by a different doctor i was considered 'over weight' i dont even know what my BMI is to be completely honest -- about half afraid to look.

*edit*

so at my start weight, i was considered 'obese' with a BMI of 35.4 - Now, 33.1 (so still considered obese.)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I started off 2 pounds shy of obese and today I finally dipped into normal (by 0.1 pound) :bigsmile:
  • MrsCon40
    Options
    congrats :)

& i dont know, i was told by my doctor when i was pregnant that i was obese, but then later was told by a different doctor i was considered 'over weight' i dont even know what my BMI is to be completely honest -- about half afraid to look.

Your BMI is available under the Tools tab.
  • MrsCon40
    Options
    double post. fail.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Went from 32.7 to 23.2
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Mine went from 35 something and am now 3kilos/6lbs away from overweight! :)
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest my BMI was 35, now it's down to 27 and although I don't measure myself in this way - my doctor does. That's all they seem to take into account when you hop on the scales.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 177.6. I will drop down from "Obese" to "Overweight" in just over 10 lbs. I'm stoked. :D

7MXXy.jpg
  • hhan
    hhan Posts: 74
    Options

How much has yours changed? Have you broken into a new bracket?

Definitely changed brackets here.:happy:

I started in October last year at 43 (Morbidly Obese):embarassed: and am currently 29.2 (Overweight):drinker: . It will take another 30lbs to get into normal range, and I'm not actually anticipating getting there. It certainly isn't a goal of mine as such. Instead my goal is <30% body fat. What that will be in lbs/kgs is something I won't know until I get there.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    40.2 (morbidly obese) to 34.5 (obese, but heading in the right direction)
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I think mine was around 32 when I started (obese), and now it's about 27 (overweight). I'm aiming for 22-23.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well considered what the BMI said. it said I am obese I started at 33.2 or some thing than now I am 31.8 soo I am getting close to be "overweight". I can't wait to reach that!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I consider the BMI chart a HUGE fail. When I started, it had me at about 34, and now I'm down to 27. This thing lists my goal weight as 118-159lbs lol. That's me in my profile picture, at about 175lbs. No way I could lose 15lbs more, and still look healthy.

Silly BMI.
  • mags2504
    Options
    I've gone from 31.1 to 26.1. I'm nearly normal range. yeeehaaa
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    26.1 to 21.2. So far. Aiming for sub-20.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I started off as morbidly obese and now I'm mid 30's and in the obese category. Very much looking forward to being overweight! :bigsmile:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    Mine has dropped about 15%
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    26.3 to 22
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Started at 40.3 down to 25.5 (.5 from healthy)