Hundred Pushups Challenge for 2009! (January)

Options

Replies

• kmdougherty
    Options
    I just did day 2 of the challenge and its hard! I like it though b.c I can also feel it in my abs!
  • jennifun
    Options
    Can you do both the pushups and the situps at the same time? Would you do them on the same day?
  • kmdougherty
    Options
    I don't see why not
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am printing out the schedule and starting this on Monday!!

I am also interested in doing the 200 sit-ups as well!!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I just did my initial test and did 12. Well good start!!
  • kmdougherty
    Options
    great start! I could only do 5!
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I can't give up my gym time. So... we'll see.

I bet I can do it.

Maybe write down the set numbers and take it with you and just do it as part of the gym time?
    (and I bet you can, too)
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    OK! I'm in! I just took the initial test. I didn't think I would be able to do more than 10 or 12, but I did 15.

That puts me at Level 3 to start.

I'm happy with that being 41 years old, 5'3", and 197lbs.

I can't wait until my husband gets home to tell him about this challenge. Push ups are one of his favorite exercises. He likes to show his 10 year old son how to do them, and our 2 year old daughter does it with them. Sometimes, she sits on her papi's back while he does them. So I will involve the whole family to participate in this challenge.
  • X_c0nfuZed_X
    Options
    I have to admit... on my initial test I got.... 2 =)
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 of Week 1 today! Just barely got thru them all - can't imagine doing 100! I'll keep working on them....

I understood the "day of rest" in between was just a "day of rest" doing pushups ---- not a "day of rest" not doing any exercise...:noway:

I'm doing P90X also, so maybe I would be better off doing the pushups first. I'll try that the next time.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm back finally!
    Wow and welcome to all the newbies! :bigsmile:
    CP I'm really proud of you! I still have your shirt! :laugh:
    Glad to see all the familiar faces too!
    I am going to test tomorrow. I am expecting horrible results though as I still feel pretty weak. To update the newbies, I was up to 80 in early November and I was sidelined with some personal issues, but I am here to make it to 100. I will be ecstatic to get 20 in when I test tomorrow and do day 1 of whatever week I will end up on.
    I am also going to take a look at the 200 sit up thing. Anyone start a link for that yet?
    I'm glad to be back on here! I will post tomorrow, even if it's really embarrassing. :blushing:
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am going to earn that shirt, MM! Don't worry about your initial test too much, confuzed - everybody starts somewhere. I'll bet you can do 10 two weeks from now! karlaw, that's great that you can get the whole family involved - Marla did, too! And you are off to a really strong start - way to go.

Just now, Today I did week 6, day 2, level 3. I should have done it yesterday, but I forgot. :embarassed:
    1&2: 22
    3&4: 30
    5&6: 24
    7&8: 18
    9: 74 (minimum 58)

Whew!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    confused-- two is better than none-- keep it up!!!

Karlaw-- lots of fun with the fam doing it-- take some pictures!

MM-- God bless you, dear lady-- been thinking of you--
  • Timba
    Timba Posts: 12
    Options
    This challenge looks awesome! I havent been exercising for soo long, getting back into it this week so this is the perfect addition to my start!

Initial test = 2 press ups.. oh gosh! Least i can only improve, good luck all!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I just did week 3, level 1
    at least 9, I did 12

Hope all of you enjoy your day!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Wow, I did a lot better than I thought I would. I managed 50 on my test! Whoo-hoo! I just pumped them out as fast as I could go. I probably could have done a few more but I don't think my form would have been that good.
    I am restarting on week 5. I think I will do level one today since I did my test and then go to level two or three on Wednesday. Yay! I'm excited!
    Melissa
  • supermom1114
    Options
    So I did Day 1 Week 1 Level 2!! 6, 6, 4, 4, 15
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I will *try* it. My only problem is that my wrist is weak (childhood injury) and it hinders me from doing many . Hopefully this training will help strengthen everything (including my wrist) :happy:

I had surgery on my wrist from an injury about 2 years ago... I still have issues with it but you might try a repositioning of your hand... it wont be "by the book" but I am up to 50 push ups before I start to feel that I need to stop. At one point it was 5 :)
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Just posting on day one for me!
    Test this morning:50
    Week 5 day 1 level 1:
    33(min20)
    Off to a good start! I will probably move to level 2 on Wednesday!
    MM
  • dgrubb5
    Options
    I just did Day 1 Week 1 level three. Honestly it wasn't all that bad. I am not saying it was a piece of cake but this will be doable. :tongue: