Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!! You look great!!!!!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Wow... someone stole your gut!!! :noway: That is amazing! :drinker: there is hope my flab will flatten then.. thank you!! Thanks for posting and for being and inspiration.. most of all Congratulations! :happy:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Dude, that is insane from April to now, congrats on the awesome progress!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    amazing change! i've heard belly fat is the worst for your heart, so I'm pretty sure you've gained years of life. Great job!

Edit: I'm curious, so do you wanna share what you did? did you focus on diet? exercise? both?
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! GOOD JOB!! you look AWESOME!!! Cheers! :drinker:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation BenFallen
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    incredible!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes, dude! Super drop!! :drinker:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!! What a difference! Great job! =D
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!:happy:
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    GREAT! Just Great!! Congratulations.! I am with the others.. would love to hear any tips/tricks that helped you reach your goal.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Triple wow.......very impressive!
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Bet your wife is chasing you around! Congrats for all the hard work.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    GREAT! Just Great!! Congratulations.! I am with the others.. would love to hear any tips/tricks that helped you reach your goal.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Below is the abridged version of my fitness program. I’ve written it in a preachy fashion only because it was easier to write it that way. It worked for me but I do not wish to push it on anyone nor do I consider myself an expert.

General Philosophy –

Work into everything slowly. An injury takes you out of the game and failing to control food intake will do the same. The MFP nutritional guidelines are excellent (but I keep track in my head and tend to go a bit over what MFP recommends)

Exercise –

Slowly work up to a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio every other day. Use a heart rate monitor, start at 75% max for your age, after a few weeks you’ll know the heart rate that is best for you. By the way, walking the dog may be excellent cardio for some while others may have to run or use an exercise machine (elliptical, stationary bike, etc) to get the heart rate up.
    Strength train once you feel up to it. I decided to take off some of the fat before starting the strength training. Again, work into it slowly. Pushing to the max on the first day will screw up your program for months.

Food –

Copious amounts of fruits and vegetables (I stick with the lower calorie items). Lettuce, tomatoes, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, peppers, apples, oranges, carrots, etc.

Meats – minimize the fatty meats, maximize the lean meats.
    Breads, potatoes, carbs in general – keep it balanced, you need the stuff but there are tons of calories in there. I use sandwich thins instead of bread which cuts 100 cals off my sandwich

Dairy – ½ fat items, greek yogurt, skinny cow cheeses, no cal spray butter (it’s not that bad). Most nonfat items are yucky to me.
    Deserts – Skinny cow anything, ½ fat items, stay away from birthday cake (or eat small amounts). Eat at least one desert item every day.

Splurge – go ahead a splurge once in a while but keep it reasonable. Example – 1/2 slice of cheese cake (I splurge about once a week).

Exercise Calories – I never ate all of them back, usually 25% of them.
  • GreenTea703
    Options
    Crap! Inspirational to say the least.
  • JohnnyStorm
    JohnnyStorm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Unreal!!!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    WOW - fabulous!!
  • ascoope
    Options
    HOLY mother of pearl! You look incredible!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    GUT be gone, you look fantastic
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!