3 Months Postpartum Before & After Photos | After Pregnancy

Options
Hello Community,

Here are my before and after photos. My daughter was born on May 25th (of this year).

Now, I have three children ages, 11, 9, and 3 months. I am 5'2 and 33 years old! :-)

From week 1 postpartum up until about week 10, I made a few adjustments in my diet, drank lots of water and walked 2 miles (4 times per week). From week 11 on, I became more aggressive. 1200 calorie a day diet, group fitness classes 5 times per week and the last couple of weeks I added in Personal Training sessions.

This morning, I weighed in at 125.8 pounds and 28% body fat. I am working to get down to 120 pounds/24% body fat. I decided to pace myself to reach this goal over the next 4 months. I am hoping to go into the new year having already reached my goal.

I am still breastfeeding my daughter, I did everything natural (no diet pills/detox liquids/quick weight loss gimmicks). Another HUGE part of my success was my supportive husband and co-workers who are also working to lose weight. I also practice the Laws of Attraction. I've use meditation and visualization techniques to keep me focused and it has worked!

Maria-More-Postpartum-Weight-Loss.jpg

^^Before pic taken when I was 8.5 months pregnant, after pic taken today (9/4)

Maria-More-Weight-Loss-Photo.jpg

^^NOTE, I was NOT pregnant in the second picture, this was how my stomach flab looked after I had my baby.

Maria-More-Weight-Loss-Side-Profile.jpg

^^Before pic taken when I was 8.5 months pregnant, after pic taken today (9/4)

I plan to stay active on MyFitnessPal but admit I might not be logging my meals in everyday like I use to. I am trying to get myself to the point of discipline and focus to where healthy eating becomes 2nd nature. However, I WILL continue to check in every now and then.

Shout outs to all the moms working to get that baby weight off! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Replies

• Cobain94
    Options
    Wow, you're really beautiful.
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    thats amazing! you are so beautiful..so can the "pooch" really dissapear then!!!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wow you have done great work!!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're really beautiful.

No joke! Not only have you done an amazing job, but you're just a beautiful woman to begin with.
  • mdperry
    Options
    You look amazing!! Good job.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE! I hope to look as fantastic as you do after my children one day. :) Good for you!!
  • ForverYoung81
    ForverYoung81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!...You look great!!...Hard work and dedication definitely pays off....
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is truly incredible! I have four children and my youngest is 2. I am working toward losing all the weight for good. Great work!
  • anjulie787
    anjulie787 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you look incredible! well done! very inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bjhadden
    Options
    You look AMAZING!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    congrats, you're an inspiration! you worked so hard to get that extra weight off, good for you!
  • houzkat
    Options
    <
    Green with envy. You look amazing!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Very inspiring, I am pregnant with my first and hoping to stay active so i can bounce back like you. Thanks for posting!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Beautiful.
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    wow you sprung back fast!! Simply amazing!! Thanks for your story! It's very encouraging!! I do have one question. Since your still breastfeeding, with a 1200 calorie intake did you notice a change in your breast milk capacity and or was baby as satisfied. I'm curious because i'm trying to get pregnant again and if your able to cut calories and still breast feed that would be encouraging!!
  • anjulie787
    anjulie787 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow was that done all in 3 months? you ROCK!!
  • mariamore
    Options
    wow you sprung back fast!! Simply amazing!! Thanks for your story! It's very encouraging!! I do have one question. Since your still breastfeeding, with a 1200 calorie intake did you notice a change in your breast milk capacity and or was baby as satisfied. I'm curious because i'm trying to get pregnant again and if your able to cut calories and still breast feed that would be encouraging!!

Actually, my baby is breast and bottle fed. This wasn't because of my 1200 calorie a day diet though, it was because I had to go back to work. My BMR is only 1350 calories, so 1200 calories is almost the same thing. The big change was the "type" of foods I was eating and how frequently I ate. I also found a really great vegetable based (all natural) multi vitamin, its made by a company called "Real Food" and sold at GNC.

I tell people to remember the formula = approximately 3500 calories burned = 1 pound lost.

I'd advise you to first calculate your BMR and determine how much you plan to exercise before you decide to do the 1200 calorie a day thing. (hope this helps) Good Luck

and THANK YOU EVERYONE for your kinds words, this is such an AMAZING COMMUNITY!!
  • bflicker11
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Incredible. You look fantastic!
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    Girl U look amazing! Keep it up that is definitely great motivation for people with or without kids! No excuses! Great Job!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Omg this is so inspiring. You look awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!