finished couch to 5K today!

Options
Ran 5K in just over 29 minutes this morning, in the rain...ridiculously pleased with myself!:smile:

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I've finished mine last week! Congrats.
  • jennyocox
    Options
    And so you should be pleased!! Well done!
  • lagosgal
    Options
    Well done! I've just began the c2k5 programme and I'm really looking forward to my first run. Bring it on!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Well done! what's next ;)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's brilliant.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to be pleased with! Great job. Now, find a 5K race and go for it! You will be even more ridiculously pleased with yourself! Running a race will really fill you with joy! Congratulations!
  • MissKash
    Options
    That's a wonderful accomplishment!!!! Congrats!!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, well done!

I've only completed my first day so far, hopefully I'll be as successful as you! :)
  • u04kmm5
    u04kmm5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh my god WELL DONE!
    That's a great time!
    I have 13 days until mine, eeeep!
    I am hoping for 35minute time, but then I am ridiculously unfit
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    Way to go
  • tastigger
    Options
    Congrats on the finish! I am halfway there & just signed up for my first 5k to be run on 10/15!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    First day nearly killed me ;-)
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Oh my god WELL DONE!
    That's a great time!
    I have 13 days until mine, eeeep!
    I am hoping for 35minute time, but then I am ridiculously unfit

I'm still not fit, but last year I was too unfit to run for more than a minute without back pain or getting out of puff!
  • martinh78
    Options
    Excellent stuff. I confess that I haven't done it. Did day one and decided running still isn't for me!
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely comments peeps - not sure what's next, would quite like to try bridge to 10K BUT now the days are getting shorter it will be tricky to fit in a longer run every other day...definitely want to keep running though!
  • carmel282
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Well done. I'm starting week 8 and it's very slow but it's a great feeling to get up and do something for yourself. Hats off to you!! :o) What's your next target?? :smile:
  • flabulous4
    Options
    I've found myself a running buddy! Back to school this morning and one of the other mums saw me out running the other day and suggested we run together.
  • gailduncan
    gailduncan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Excellent stuff. I confess that I haven't done it. Did day one and decided running still isn't for me!

Ha, me neither. I'm on week 7 and determined to finish it but I'd much rather be out on my bike or in the gym rowing.
  • hannah1591
    hannah1591 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm just on week 2 but loving it! I never thought I would enjoy running!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Great job, this is awesome!!! Fantastic time!!!