finished couch to 5K today!

Options
2»

Replies

• dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a great time too. I am on week 4 and the idea of running that whole time seems impossible still but I surprise myself each week.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Not looking forward to setting the alarm for tomorrow morning and doing it again though! Hope I feel more like it at 6 am tomorrow :noway:
  • Tyler477
    Tyler477 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    amazing! I'm jealous! 2nd day week 7 here... only ran 2.2 miles in 25 mins :/
  • flabulous4
    Options
    amazing! I'm jealous! 2nd day week 7 here... only ran 2.2 miles in 25 mins :/

I think I was doing about that - my other half said I really speeded up in the last couple of weeks of doing C25K.
    Did first treadmill run in ages on Thursday and it was HORRIBLE - too hot, no scenery to look at, only managed 4K and my calves STILL hurt GRRR.
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Out this morning, bang on 29 minutes - now to get to 28 minutes something!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Well done! I've just done week one, now have to do it again as a load of people from work want to do it to at lunch - nice to hear from someone who has completed, you must be really pleased, great achievement :-)
  • flabulous4
    Options
    I told one of my colleagues I'd finished couch25K - apparently he can run 5K in about 19 minutes. I figure I have to start somewhere!
    My excuse is I have to keep slowing down to pull my trackie bottoms up...
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Well done, its great to see so many out there on the C25K programme, I'm starting week 4 on Monday, it is challenging.
  • Kisarne
    Options
    Hi, this is my absolute goal, how long has it taken you to get there. I a coming straight from the couch, any tips thanks
    Kisarne
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up! I have 3 weeks before i'll finish my 5k
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Hi, this is my absolute goal, how long has it taken you to get there. I a coming straight from the couch, any tips thanks
    Kisarne
  • flabulous4
    Options
    I was straight from the couch too - the first 'run' was a killer!
    I haven't done it in the 9 weeks or whatever it is, maybe around 12, what with work commitments and kids and school and bugs and all sorts.
    What I would say is that there is a 20 minute run which, when you get to it, you won't think you can do - I did a classic double take when I saw what was ahead! But I did it first time and it was fine - in fact it was easier not to stop. After that it is absolutely fine.
  • cassybubby
    cassybubby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm about to do the 20 minute run for the first time and I'm dreading it! I see the number of minutes that I have to run for and I don't think I can do it, but it's great to hear that other people have felt this way and it wasn't as hard as they thought it would be! I hope I can say the same thing after tomorrow night!
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep chipping away at your time if that's your goal !
  • flabulous4
    Options
    I'm about to do the 20 minute run for the first time and I'm dreading it! I see the number of minutes that I have to run for and I don't think I can do it, but it's great to hear that other people have felt this way and it wasn't as hard as they thought it would be! I hope I can say the same thing after tomorrow night!

I did the run before the 20 minute run twice 'to make sure I was ready'. I'm a wuss.