"H20" Seventy Days Til Halloween - Week 3 & 4

Replies

• bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,380 Member
    I just saw this. I have been updating on the spreadsheet. However, I need to work more on being ON the board! I will stop back tonight to get all caught up.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Bmfrazie, I love your siggy picture! It is all about Donkey Lips and Ug!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Ok, having trouble updating my ticker tonight, so I'm putting it out there that after tonight's 2 mile run, I'm up to 47 for this challenge. Just needed to make myself a note somewhere.

Anyway, beautiful afternoon for watching football!!! My son's 7th grade team had a scrimmage today so I left work early to watch. They look really good!!! A nice group of coaches and well and I think that really makes a difference at this age. Lots of congrats and back slapping going on unlike the yelling and screaming from the other team's coach!!!! I like our guys!!!!

No football tomorrow, but Friday is the big varsity game. Our town has two high schools that share a campus and it's East/West night! The entire town usually shows up and both teams are really good, so I can't wait to see if we can win this year since last year it was the other team that won!!!! I'll be sporting my team hoodie (which looks like a sack on me now, but whatever) and screaming my head off!!!!!

Have I mentioned how much I love football????? Oh yeah, I really do!!!!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Hey Ladies.. Ive had a busy week so far.. horrible at work.. :( Stewie got out again last night, (as some of you may remember when he got out before).. Hes back but has a couple battle wounds.. Poor Guy. the kitten was lost without him.. :( So happy hes home safe. I have to get to bed soon.. ill catch up with everyone tomorrow after work, before I start editing pictures.. I have soo much editing to get done. I went thru and cleaned most of the house tonight. I only have 1 room to do.. :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Ok, having trouble updating my ticker tonight, so I'm putting it out there that after tonight's 2 mile run, I'm up to 47 for this challenge. Just needed to make myself a note somewhere.

Anyway, beautiful afternoon for watching football!!! My son's 7th grade team had a scrimmage today so I left work early to watch. They look really good!!! A nice group of coaches and well and I think that really makes a difference at this age. Lots of congrats and back slapping going on unlike the yelling and screaming from the other team's coach!!!! I like our guys!!!!

No football tomorrow, but Friday is the big varsity game. Our town has two high schools that share a campus and it's East/West night! The entire town usually shows up and both teams are really good, so I can't wait to see if we can win this year since last year it was the other team that won!!!! I'll be sporting my team hoodie (which looks like a sack on me now, but whatever) and screaming my head off!!!!!

Hig school football is the best! Hubby and I are strange in that we only like sports teams that are related to schools because we feel they are representative of the talent in the area. We hate that pro teams aren't representative of an area's talent since the players are from all over the place and are brought together by money and business deals, so saying they represent Los Angeles, for example, only means that is where they happen to have a stadium, not where they are from. Overpaid posers!

*hops off soap box*
  • Nikstergirl

Hig school football is the best! Hubby and I are strange in that we only like sports teams that are related to schools because we feel they are representative of the talent in the area. We hate that pro teams aren't representative of an area's talent since the players are from all over the place and are brought together by money and business deals, so saying they represent Los Angeles, for example, only means that is where they happen to have a stadium, not where they are from. Overpaid posers!

*hops off soap box*

Ok, I totally love you!!!! But I do love my Detroit sports teams... Grandpa taught me young to be loyal to your teams... I still root for my own high school even though my kids go to a different district. Thankfully, we never play each other so I don't feel disloyal to either team this way! But yeah, pro teams can piss me off sometimes... and I'm STILL a Lions fan, of course my Tigers are kicking some major butt this year! And the Red Wings.. don't get me started on the awesomeness that is Hockeytown!!!! LOL!
  • And the Red Wings.. don't get me started on the awesomeness that is Hockeytown!!!! LOL!

I love ya Nicki...but I am so a hockey girl...except for the dead things...lol. Blackhawks all the way!
  • Nikstergirl
    And the Red Wings.. don't get me started on the awesomeness that is Hockeytown!!!! LOL!

I love ya Nicki...but I am so a hockey girl...except for the dead things...lol. Blackhawks all the way!

Oh, I feel a battle coming on!!!! Go Wings!!!! I've even touched Sir Stanley's Cup when it was in GR after the Wings won it one of the many times.... can't even remember which year!!! LOL!
  • And the Red Wings.. don't get me started on the awesomeness that is Hockeytown!!!! LOL!

Oh, I feel a battle coming on!!!! Go Wings!!!! I've even touched Sir Stanley's Cup when it was in GR after the Wings won it one of the many times.... can't even remember which year!!! LOL!

Nah...no battle...I'm not a fighter...but Blackhawks really are the best...haha! My hubby was so thrilled when they won. You know, Chicago has a difficult time winning more than 1. Except the Bulls...who were a dynasty for awhile in the 90's. Then of course, the Cubs...well, maybe someday. But Detroit Tigers, they kicked our *kitten* the other day. Going to a game on Tues against Detroit...I love baseball too! Not much for football but I see you love it...so I cheer for you!
  • Nikstergirl
    Awww... thanks Linda! Have fun at the Tiger game.. I haven't been to one in two years, I'm going through withdrawals!!! High school football tonight was a nail-biter... great game and our team won!!!! So proud of those boys....
  • AprilVal
    Went for a nature walk today.. Walked a mile.. :) It was nice.. Took my camera with me.. Got a few nature pictures.. :) Going to sit down and get caught up tonight before bed, or tomorrow before I go out.. :) Going out with my hubby and them for my brother in laws bachlor party.. yep.. Im attending a bachlor party..
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    ahhh another working weekend. :grumble: ...so I'm thinkin' they need to make a law that says people can't be sick enough to need medical attention on the weekends! it would work for me! :laugh:

so I missed 2 of my 4 workout days this week. :sad: I know I will pay for it on Monday with the Slave Driver. :sad: But I suppose that's why I need her... accountability! :ohwell:

Off I go... have a great weekend, ladies!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Cazz, you got this!!! Show 'em what you're made of!!!!

April, what a beautiful walk that must have been... I love nature walks!

Well, ladies... I did my first 12 mile training run! It was hard, it hurt, I'm not gonna lie. Probably the biggest thing I learned was not to do a 10 mile speedwork run two days before a long run like that. It's too much. My knees and bilsters are mad at me. But the other thing I learned is that I'm stronger and more athletic than I ever thought I could be! I was not huffing and puffing, my heart rate stayed in a good place throughout the run and I cooled down quickly. I'm sitting here icing my knees and my blister looks like a sixth toe on my left foot, but I feel ok! Making some lunch soon and hubby will be home for dinner, so we may go out which will be nice. He's golfing tomorrow for the first time in forever with some guys for a bachelor party. I'm glad he's going, but it's his one day home, I'll have to enjoy what time I get tonight!!!

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me with all this running talk, I know I bore people (especially on facebook) but somehow I think you understand better than they do how much this change in me means. I'm so much happier and healthier than I was before and I thank you all for sticking by me through it! My race is in two weeks, and then I fully intend to slow down the running and start doing more weight lifting until it's time to start training for the next one!!!! You girls are amazing! Get out there and try something you never thought you could do.... I did, and it's amazing!!!!!
  • cazzincali

Well, ladies... I did my first 12 mile training run! It was hard, it hurt, I'm not gonna lie. Probably the biggest thing I learned was not to do a 10 mile speedwork run two days before a long run like that. It's too much. My knees and bilsters are mad at me. But the other thing I learned is that I'm stronger and more athletic than I ever thought I could be! I was not huffing and puffing, my heart rate stayed in a good place throughout the run and I cooled down quickly. I'm sitting here icing my knees and my blister looks like a sixth toe on my left foot, but I feel ok! Making some lunch soon and hubby will be home for dinner, so we may go out which will be nice. He's golfing tomorrow for the first time in forever with some guys for a bachelor party. I'm glad he's going, but it's his one day home, I'll have to enjoy what time I get tonight!!!

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me with all this running talk, I know I bore people (especially on facebook) but somehow I think you understand better than they do how much this change in me means. I'm so much happier and healthier than I was before and I thank you all for sticking by me through it! My race is in two weeks, and then I fully intend to slow down the running and start doing more weight lifting until it's time to start training for the next one!!!! You girls are amazing! Get out there and try something you never thought you could do.... I did, and it's amazing!!!!!

You are an inspiration!! I think you're awesome for getting out there and accomplishing what you once thought impossible!! Way to go!! :drinker:
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    CW:317
    My Positives for Today:
    1. Autumn is here !!I feel the wonderful change!
    2. I have gained and lost the last 10 pounds so many times I could make another person-BUT clothes are looser.
    3. Am Blessed with so many great MFP friends and Family.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,380 Member
    Today I went to the mall with my son and he wanted to go in the Halloween store to look at costumes. For the first time in my life I bought a sexy Halloween costume! I am hoping I have the guts to actually wear it...but I did try it on and thought it looked cute.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Cazz, you got this!!! Show 'em what you're made of!!!!

April, what a beautiful walk that must have been... I love nature walks!

No talk away, I think its amazing. I can't run, well I havent really given it much of a chance tbh. I can exercise for hours but can't run to the end of the street, I am very jealous. Maybe I might try couch to 5k or something.
  • Nikstergirl
    Today I went to the mall with my son and he wanted to go in the Halloween store to look at costumes. For the first time in my life I bought a sexy Halloween costume! I am hoping I have the guts to actually wear it...but I did try it on and thought it looked cute.

Go for it!!! I don't have plans to get dressed up for Halloween, but maybe I should!!!! LOL!

And BJ, thanks... I started with the couch to 5k and if I can become a runner, I believe anyone without a physical reason why can also become a runner!!! You may not be crazy and totally obsessed like me, but you CAN run!

Oh, and so you don't think I'm superhuman or something, my knee is KILLING me tonight. Ice, ibuprofen and wrapping... that's my own prescription. If it's not good on Monday I'll call my chiropractor for some rehab and kinesiotaping... until then I'm home remedy-ing myself. Ouch.
  • AprilVal
    OMG last night was one crazy night. Got violated many times.. ehh.. haha..

I just got done working out in the garage with my mom.. Were starting a weight loss thing next weekend.. Where gonna put $5 in a pot weekly for 12 weeks. Whoever loses the most percentage of weight loss, gets the money.. then starting all over again. :) I need the extra push.. I do soo good and then something happens and i just give up.. I dont know what my fears are, but Im going to over come them!

About to head home. Going to weigh in on my wii fit, since thats where Ive weighed for this group.. There is a little bit of difference between moms scale.. and the wii fit.. :( So we will see.. Im going to weigh in, and then get caught up on here.. :) Maybe do a nother small workout at home.. :)
  • cazzincali
    Even though I worked today, I had a great day! Somber, to be sure. But a great day nonetheless! :bigsmile: