Brides to be! Sept-Oct. (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ok, I posted my measurements finally. I lost a pound (wierd, since it's TOM), but am actually up a tad in inches. That doesn't surprise me since I feel as bloated as a whale. Plus, I spent half the weekend throwing up, so IDK how accurate my measurements are.

@Kansasgirl...if that's the best weekend for having the wedding, then I say do it. Photography is a HUGE cost (we are spending more than we thought on photo, but cutting back on some other stuff to make up for it), so if you won the package, I say that's a pretty good incentive to work with their schedule.

@Nico...congrats on the second job!

@achasnis...remember that muscle weighs more than fat. I don't have a lot of pounds to lose, so the scale number takes FOREVER to go down, but I lose inches. I also look in the mirror and see the same old me too! Everyone else can see that I've slimmed down except for me! I think we're just our own harshest critic, you know what I mean?

Hope everyone has a fabulous Thursday!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Well, had to give in and get a job to help pay for the wedding and day to day living! Had an interview yesterday with a small law firm and then today with the county attorney. At least it will be a 9-5 job with weekends off! Just know I am going to miss my kids so bad! But then again, it will be nice to have that extra money to start getting things for the wedding!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the jobs Nico and KansasGal!! :flowerforyou:

We are going to look at the venue today. When I called to set up the appointment the lady said they do have our date open. :drinker: I am pretty sure this is where we want it, so as long as their aren't any crazy restrictions...we may have a place! I'll know by this afternoon.

I am so excited. We've been holding off on doing any real planning since we didn't have a venue yet. We can really get moving on the planning now!!

And I would definitely try to work with the photographer if you won the package. Finding a new one can be hard. Our biggest struggle right now is the photographer. All of the ones we have found within the "what we would like to spend" area...are not so good. :frown: The decent ones are a little more than we would like to spend but I think the pictures are important.

The photographer we really really liked is almost half our budget so I finally decided against that one. :sad:
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've decided the only way for me to get back on track is to wake up early to exercise. I'm thinking C25K. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the program?
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've decided the only way for me to get back on track is to wake up early to exercise. I'm thinking C25K. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the program?

I actually want to do it too, and tried to start it right after we got engaged in August, but....then I got sucked into the craziness of wedding planning and haven't done well with it at all. Like, I stopped doing it. I've just been doing Zumba classes as I have time to squeeze one in.

Now that some of the bigger details are squared away, I'm thinking about taking another crack at C25K.

And weights. I miss strength training. We've been separated for about 2 months now. :brokenheart: Time for a reunion.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around and discussing things or logging. I ran out of my meds and I use caffeine and sugar as a poor replacement until I can get in to see my doctor. There is no point in logging if it's all horrible.

Also my new job has horrible food both to the taste buds and the waist line. I don't think I will last. Easy is one thing, mind numbing and gross is another.
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What happened to the spread sheet???
  • KansasGal
    Options
    What happened to the spread sheet???

that is what I was wondering! It is empty!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    Say what?! I will have to check it out when I get home.
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I took a quick look from my phone. I don't have any clue what happened except if someone accidently selected all and deleted or something. I will see if I can revert it to a few days ago.

NO ONE TOUCH IT! I'm afraid if we keep messing with it we will lose any chance of fixing it.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this group? My wedding is november 6th of this year
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Spread sheet is still messed up, correct?
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    ALL FIXED! I had to revert it to last Thursday. Someone was screwing around with it Thursday morning around 10:30 am PT. Whoever punched in their stuff Saturday morning will have to do so again.
  • KansasGal
    Options
    ALL FIXED! I had to revert it to last Thursday. Someone was screwing around with it Thursday morning around 10:30 am PT. Whoever punched in their stuff Saturday morning will have to do so again.

Great job! What would we do without you? :flowerforyou:
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    Sure, just put yourself on the bottom.
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yay the spreadsheet is back! I went to put stuff in yesterday and was like "Hmmm this can't be good"
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose a significant amount this week, maybe half a pound, but I'm just sticking with whole numbers. I am still super excited because I haven't weighed this much (or should I say this little?) in at least 6 years.

Oh, on the spreadsheet, are we on week 5? I think I got off somewhere along the way.

I am about to go on the "poor girl's diet," so I may see better loss there but not intentionally. I am barely making enough to cover my bills right now because of a sudden loss of income. I am stressing a little bit about it but I'm trying not to. My fiance has already offered to pay for December's expenses since that is our wedding month and I won't be working much. I really want to try to make it through October and November on my own. He is already paying for the honeymoon, but if I really need his help, I'll ask.

I am frustrated because I teach music lessons and the loss of income is due to students canceling last minute or quitting all together because they have too many other activities going on. As for the ones that canceled, it is coincidentally the two students I let pay per week, and they canceled all last month. Budgeting for that income and then not getting it is a really hard hit. I hate how some of my students don't seem to care that I have bills too.

Ok, done with my rant lol... what are some cheap but healthy foods? I really am in scrimp and save mode but I have made such good progress, I don't want my diet to suffer. I could get Ramen noodles, put frozen veggies in there, and just not use the sauce packet, maybe use a little olive oil instead? Ideas??
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    Rice and beans purchased out of the bulk bin and frozen veggies are super cheap. Meat is expensive especially since the cost of corn has risen.

Just remember that you are entering into a partnership and it's ok to rely on your partner in times of need. When I run out of cash I let my bf fill the fridge with Nico food since he doesn't eat my vegetarian food.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Sure, just put yourself on the bottom.

Thank you so much and I put in my measurements for the week everyone is in.
  • KansasGal
    Options
    My Save the Dates showed up in the mail today! They turned out soo good! Now I get to get all 200 sent out! ugh!!!!