water vs fluids

Options
nice to know from medical professionals it should be "fluids per day" instead of just "water per day." some days 64oz of plain water is torture!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

"Although it's a great idea to keep water within reach at all times, you don't need to rely only on what you drink to meet your fluid needs. What you eat also provides a significant portion of your fluid needs. On average, food provides about 20 percent of total water intake. For example, many fruits and vegetables, such as watermelon and tomatoes, are 90 percent or more water by weight.

In addition, beverages such as milk and juice are composed mostly of water. Even beer, wine and caffeinated beverages — such as coffee, tea or soda — can contribute, but these should not be a major portion of your daily total fluid intake. Water is still your best bet because it's calorie-free, inexpensive and readily available." :drinker:

Replies

• jesshall281
    Options
    Thank you for that, ive always thought if i could count flavoured water or juice.

By the way, im drinking around 8 glasses of water a day but im so terribly bloated, I feel like ive gained weight just by looking at my bloated stomach! Will this go away? (i have NEVER drank that much water in a day before until recently)

Seeing my stomach so bloated really puts me off drinking water...
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I love drinking water. As a matter of fact, the only things that I drink now is water, milk and vodka.
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    @jess-sometimes i feel like a little kid 'cus i can feel the water sloshing around in my stomach
    @aa1440-yum vodka!