how long...

Options
13»

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a bit confusing because it goes against what you've been told all your life--that you get thinner by eating less. Au contraire, for many people, they need to eat more. Or rather, they were eating too much, then eating too little, and are now trying to achieve a balance. I fall into this category, but I'm working on it.

If you're well and truly full, you shouldn't stuff your face. However, if you want to bump up your calories, make a smoothie! They taste light, but you can beef 'em up with good calories by adding protein powder, milk, and yogurt. Avocados work well too. Or, when you feel a little less full, snack on a few nuts? They are calorically dense, but very healthy.

I still sometimes struggle with eating enough. I'm not anorexic at all, but I got very very good at trimming down the calorie counts in food. It's hard for me to break those habits.

My ultimate trick for days when I need a calorie boost: I keep a Larabar around and munch on it. They are the best bars for meal replacements (or heavy snacks) because they contain no junk at all--just chopped up fruits and nuts all smooshed together. They taste like hearty little cakes!

You're doing so well by getting healthier habits! Keep up the good work!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a bit confusing because it goes against what you've been told all your life--that you get thinner by eating less. Au contraire, for many people, they need to eat more. Or rather, they were eating too much, then eating too little, and are now trying to achieve a balance. I fall into this category, but I'm working on it.

If you're well and truly full, you shouldn't stuff your face. However, if you want to bump up your calories, make a smoothie! They taste light, but you can beef 'em up with good calories by adding protein powder, milk, and yogurt. Avocados work well too. Or, when you feel a little less full, snack on a few nuts? They are calorically dense, but very healthy.

I still sometimes struggle with eating enough. I'm not anorexic at all, but I got very very good at trimming down the calorie counts in food. It's hard for me to break those habits.

My ultimate trick for days when I need a calorie boost: I keep a Larabar around and munch on it. They are the best bars for meal replacements (or heavy snacks) because they contain no junk at all--just chopped up fruits and nuts all smooshed together. They taste like hearty little cakes!

You're doing so well by getting healthier habits! Keep up the good work!

phoenix honey, I love your great self image. Your truly a beautiful woman, inside and out.
    :flowerforyou: