Guys, if the heels make the gal taller than you?

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
Still hot?

I am about 1/4 inch shorter than my husband. It took many years for us to both feel comfortable with me wearing heels in public with him and he still isn't a huge fan of it.

Replies

• katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm taller than hubby without heels and only wear than with him for very fancy occasions. However, when I'm out alone or with the girls I'm always in heels!
  • hchandler0823
    hchandler0823 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10.75" and my fiance is 5' 11. He isn't comfortable with me wearing heels at all and luckily for him, I am way too clumsy to wear heels.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 tall. My BF is the same height. I wear heels and have never heard any complaints form him LOL. I'm wearing 3 inch wedge sandals today as a matter of fact LOL :bigsmile:
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Easier to motorboat...

Wouldn't matter to me.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When my GF wears her heels I think she is actually a little taller than I am, we like to argue who is taller but it's all in fun.

To be honest I don't really care if she is taller because she is hot as Hell in her heels and I love it when she wears them.
  • EuroDriver
    Options
    u need a taller bf...

my wifey always points out how shes happy im tall n she can wear w/e she wants without worrying that we will look funny as a couple cuz she would be taller than me... shes 5'3 im 6'2 she looks like a little doll beside me
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Easier to motorboat...

Wouldn't matter to me.

LMAO :laugh: It's true too!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 tall. My BF is the same height. I wear heels and have never heard any complaints form him LOL. I'm wearing 3 inch wedge sandals today as a matter of fact LOL :bigsmile:

Nope...never any complaints from me. ;-)
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. I'd love to give a completely unreserved yes but I haven't been in that situation yet. Personally, I like to think I'd get over it pretty quickly, if only because it seems a bit ridiculous to worry about something you can't change.

But, yes, still hot, regardless.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My daughter is taller than my son in law and he's quite happy to be out with her when she's wearing heels. She's a very attractive young lady :-) (says Mom heehee!)
  • cinderella29292
    cinderella29292 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i think guys should be taller than girls cuz it gives some kind of a secure feeling for me if my boyfriend is a lot taller than me. N luckily he is, he's 6'3 tall n im only 5'3 so even ­with heels im still pretty tiny next to him :bigsmile: u know when someone's shorter than u u have to look do­wn on them lol
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    (I know I'm not a guy, BUT) I think there are so many factors besides height that makes a couple hot. Being fit/good looking, dressing sharp, and being genuine makes a couple hot. So, I don't even think about height differences, really. And I do think that most women look amazing in heels, regardless of height.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter but to each his own. I'm nearly a midget and there's no way in hell I'd ever date [though I'm married anyway] a dude as tall or only a little taller than me.

I like to feel small. [=
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Wouldn`t make any difference to me.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Never bothered me. I dated a gal a couple of of years ago that waas 5'10" and she wore heels often. Was a sight for sure.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I wear heels ALL the time. No boyfriend right now but I've had a variety of heights in previous boyfriends/husband. I was always the uncomfortable one... mostly not just because of the height difference... because of my size. Somehow I always end up with a quite thin man... and if he's shorter than me too, even though it is just a mental thing, I feel like a big galoot next to him... and I feel unattractive and I cannot do anything right and I'm very graceless and it just turns ugly.

I am trying to recognize that its how a couple acts together that makes them good for each other, not how they reflect on each other's height and looks... I am still trying.

I hope that once I am "thin" again that it truly won't matter what height the RIGHT man for me is. If he's shorter than me, I will still wear heels!
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I suppose it's also how secure you feel. Some guys are intimidated by a woman taller than them. Being the height I am...I had to get over the fact that if I wanted to wear heels at all I would just have to face the fact that chances would be good that I would be taller. *shrugs*
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I wear heels ALL the time. No boyfriend right now but I've had a variety of heights in previous boyfriends/husband. I was always the uncomfortable one... mostly not just because of the height difference... because of my size. Somehow I always end up with a quite thin man... and if he's shorter than me too, even though it is just a mental thing, I feel like a big galoot next to him... and I feel unattractive and I cannot do anything right and I'm very graceless and it just turns ugly.

I am trying to recognize that its how a couple acts together that makes them good for each other, not how they reflect on each other's height and looks... I am still trying.

I hope that once I am "thin" again that it truly won't matter what height the RIGHT man for me is. If he's shorter than me, I will still wear heels!

Yeah, I had that problem too. I think my husband weighed less than me when we met and we've been about the same weight our entire relationship (except during pregnancies then, Id be 30lbs MORE). It is hard on the ego, especially since I was 21 at the time and not quit sure of myself. I stuck to tall, almost chubby guys before him just to help my own ego. But now I'm okay with thing (I'm also 15lbs lighter than him at the moment so that helps). It would have been a shame to have not even considered dating him simple due to his height and size (11 years and 3 kids later). I would have missed out on a LOT.

Good luck to you!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have to be honest... I'm the one that hates being taller than the dude.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    ooh ooh i've always wanted to know this one!!!!

i tried to preempt this saituation from occurring by employing a 6' or taller rule. i'm considering having a sign (or shirt) made that says "must be 72" or taller to ride".