Guys, if the heels make the gal taller than you?

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Bump!

5'9" with out the heels I love...
  • cinderella29292
    cinderella29292 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I wear heels ALL the time. No boyfriend right now but I've had a variety of heights in previous boyfriends/husband. I was always the uncomfortable one... mostly not just because of the height difference... because of my size. Somehow I always end up with a quite thin man... and if he's shorter than me too, even though it is just a mental thing, I feel like a big galoot next to him... and I feel unattractive and I cannot do anything right and I'm very graceless and it just turns ugly.

I am trying to recognize that its how a couple acts together that makes them good for each other, not how they reflect on each other's height and looks... I am still trying.

I hope that once I am "thin" again that it truly won't matter what height the RIGHT man for me is. If he's shorter than me, I will still wear heels!

Yeah, I had that problem too. I think my husband weighed less than me when we met and we've been about the same weight our entire relationship (except during pregnancies then, Id be 30lbs MORE). It is hard on the ego, especially since I was 21 at the time and not quit sure of myself. I stuck to tall, almost chubby guys before him just to help my own ego. But now I'm okay with thing (I'm also 15lbs lighter than him at the moment so that helps). It would have been a shame to have not even considered dating him simple due to his height and size (11 years and 3 kids later). I would have missed out on a LOT.

Good luck to you!
    all this tells me that look does not matter because its something that u CAN change, with ­willp­o­wer and the right methods :)
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my fiance is 5'8" (I believe lol) And he doesn't like me wearing heels that make me taller than him. I can see where he's coming from and luckily I think I only own one pair of heels that would make me that tall. Plus I hardly wear heels as it is so it doesn't bother me that he doesn't like it.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I'm 6'0 tall. My BF is the same height. I wear heels and have never heard any complaints form him LOL. I'm wearing 3 inch wedge sandals today as a matter of fact LOL :bigsmile:

I am 5'10 and I have on some 4 1/2 inch heels today! LOVE them!!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    ooh ooh i've always wanted to know this one!!!!

i tried to preempt this saituation from occurring by employing a 6' or taller rule. i'm considering having a sign (or shirt) made that says "must be 72" or taller to ride".

LOL!! Love it.

I don't have any heels that make me taller than my husband and I wouldn't buy them if they did. I lke being shorter than him. Fortunately, I can still wear about 3" heels and be shorter than him.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options

i tried to preempt this saituation from occurring by employing a 6' or taller rule. i'm considering having a sign (or shirt) made that says "must be 72" or taller to ride".

:heart:
    I want one of those too!!
  • laurad1406
    Options
    I'm only an inch or two shorter than my BF, and he LOVES when I wear heels (not 6 inchers though that make me tower over him....and to be honest i can't walk in them anyway!)

But i have tons of heels that are 4 or 4 1/2 inches and he loves when I wear them, he doesn't care.

he says he doesn't care because we're the same height when we're horizontal anyway :smile:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I sure hope they like it because Im about 6 3 in my heels. I dont really mind being taller than the guy Im with. Infact, I kind of get a kick out of being way up there. And like Zip said.... motorboat!!! :laugh:
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

I need to have a shirt made that says "6'0 tall and well worth the climb" LOL
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    still hot............just puts things in easy reach
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't care if I'm taller than a guy. I love how wearing heels makes me feel. I feel sexy, more confident. Now, if the guy I was dating had an issue with his height, I wouldn't wear heels because it wouldn't make him feel good about himself. And I'm all about making sure he feels better, more confident.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I've never encountered this issue. I could wear sky-highs and still be shorter.

We represent the Lollipop Guild, yo.
    lollipop_guild.jpg
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me at all. It just makes it easier to show off the hotness I brought with me. :smokin:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have to be honest... I'm the one that hates being taller than the dude.

I'm 5'4" and it doesn't happen often, but I had one bf who I couldn't wear heels with simply because I hated being taller.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Double post fail :(
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    Meh, my bf dated a girl right before me who was 6'3" (He's 6'1") and he wasn't bothered by it at all. He makes comments to me, however, like "I like your size" and "I like how small you are" (I'm 5'4"), but I get the feeling that it's less about height for him and more about the person.

That being said, I'm a lot more shallow than he is and wouldn't date someone as tall as, or shorter than me. I tried once and it just felt wrong....

10334217.png
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think it's more important for girls. At least in my case.

I don't care how tall a girl is in relation to my height. I'm short for a male, 5-8.

I dated a girl 5-7 but she didn't like wearing heels with me. I didn't care.

I actually am attracted to tall women generally speaking; but really it's not about height.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Sexy factor outweighs the height problem all day long in my opinion.

Granted, I'm 6'1" so my wife has to wear some monster heels to be taller than me
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5", hubs is somewhere between 6' & 6'1". First relationship I had were both he and I felt comfortable when I was wearing heels around him (I was young then when we met and always self-conscious before.)

As much as I love to rock a pair of heels and feel sexy around him, for the most part this summer I'd wear some really cute minimalist sandals/flip-flops and he'd stick with either running shoes or some really thick Reefs flip flops that would put at least another 1" or so difference between us which made me want to jump his bones every time! Probably because it put me at the perfect height to admire his broad shoulders and get closer to the source of where that Hugo Boss scent was emanating from... one whiff of that and my knees are jello and I start giving "pretty-please" eyes. You know, the kind that scream I'm not listening to a word you're saying because all I'm thinking about is you taking me right now!

Where were we? Heels, yes... sorry 'bout that.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    At 5'4" and with an average 3-4 inches of heel, I have never been taller then a guy I've been with, I like tall guys, so don't see it happening!