Couch to 5k - starting today- want to do this with me?

mmccurrach
mmccurrach Posts: 50 Member
I am going to try the c25k program again...last year I tried and gave up after week 3. It would help me to have other folks to do this with and help motivate each other. This time around I am p,annoying on repeating a week if I find I'm really struggling g, because, I know, that if I don't, I will stop it all together. My weakness with the program is feeling like I can't breathe through the running and that seems the worst around week 3.

It only a 30 minute program, 3 times a week and can be done on a treadmill or outside.

http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

Replay here if you want to get in on this. I'll be starting today.

Michele

Replies

• I just started it yesterday, so I will be happy to follow along with you. I haven't done any running in 30 years, so it is really going to be a challenge for me. I did get through Day 1 !! Just have to do it one day at a time.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Im doing the 30 day shred program now but planning on doing this one later... will be watching your progress.. feel free to add me for motivation... You can so do this... Dont think repeating a week is a backwards movement.. you need a solid foundation to move forward!

Best of luck!! Cant wait to see your progress!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Best of luck to you! It's a great program that really works! After graduating the program, I now have several 5ks, a 7k, a 10k and a Warrior Dash under my belt with plans for a half marathon within the next year.
  • pamsmitty
    pamsmitty Posts: 1 Member
    Its an awesome program that really works! I started in April and now am running 6 miles, working towards my 10K! I
  • This looks like a great program. I am all IN!!! I love running during the fall.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    I would love to do this with you.. I have been running on a treadmill but really want to start running on roads and outside as it is much harder. So while I won't do the treadmill one I would like to the other... Friend me and I would be happy to do this!
  • bikingpanda
    bikingpanda Posts: 68 Member
    I started yesterday as well. I'm on the heavy side, so I can use all the motivation on this one. Add me if you like.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    I've started - AGAIN - after an ankle injury. So I'm on W1D2.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    I am in week 7 and I love it!!! Never thought I would make it through but I have!! I also plan to run my very first 5k on Oct 1!! Good luck!!! You can do this don't give up!! You will feel so good when you complete all 9 weeks!
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    I would like to try this but my knee may not allow it :) I'll give it a shot thou :)
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Bump
  • I am starting it today, for the 2nd time.
    I completed it week before last and ran my first 5K, now I want to get faster!!
    Stick to it and its so rewarding!
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    I started yesterday! Did W1D2 today. Feel free to friend me!
  • TammiAcker
    TammiAcker Posts: 53 Member
    This is a great program! Feel free to add me if you want. I just completed W4D1 this morning and yes it was a struggle. Week 3 is tough, but don't quit. I've had to repeat several weeks. I should be on week 6, but I repeat several runs and I'm stronger for it! I don't regret it at all. I've signed up for my first 5k in November to give me time to rerun any runs I may need to in the future. Good luck on your journey and don't give up!
  • cre8freedom
    cre8freedom Posts: 63 Member
    Going to start today as well! Feel free to add me for support.. I'm a little scared!!
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Hi.

I'd like to join you, I started a little while ago but had few weeks off due to bad weather (and subsequent slackness) so I might start back at week 1 and see how I go this time round :)

feel free to add me and we can try to keep each other motivated.

I don't have a treadmill so I've been doing the outdoor version.

:)
  • I am planning W1D3 today :) I am nervous after about the 5th running session I start aching in my shoulder I tried staying loose but it didn't help will be trying again today I finished both times before so I am hoping for success this time as well !!!

Friend me I am here to motivate :):)
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    doing week 5, day 2 tomorrow. anyone that is doing the c25k, feel free to friend me! running used to seem more like torture to me, now i find myself looking forward to a run! :-) in a sick, twisted way, i'm even looking forward to week 5, day 3- a 20 minute run with no walking! best wishes on your journey.
  • Nickl140
    Nickl140 Posts: 4 Member
    Count me in. I've stated a fitness/rewards program with my girlfriend and would love to incorporate this into that program. I'll start day 1 tomorrow morning!
  • jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    It's a great program. I started out running very little and I had no lung capacity--I used to smoke a ton and I couldn't hold my breath for half a minute, let alone breath through a mile. Now I have a half marathon under my belt. Stick with it and you'll get through the tough spots of increasing lung capacity. I still don't consider myself a runner, even though I do a few races each year, but I'm incredibly happy that I can hit the street a few times a week and blow through three miles as part of my usual routine. Stick with it!
This discussion has been closed.