Wine!?!? SHould I cut back???

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    I think that since you run from beer, you are burning plenty of calories so keep drinking the wine buddy!

right! what she said. [=
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    beer,
    I find myself shopping at the liquor store all the time. I am concerned that I may be a shopaholic

ha!!!
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    I say cut out beer, stop drinking wine and starting drinking vodka.

Unless you value your liver, than stick with beer or wine. For a big guy, a bottle really isn't that much as long as you are getting plenty of exercise (many times it's not even enough for an average sized lady). AND a full bottle of most wine has less calories than a Big Mac. But the Big Mac will make you feel bloated and gross, while the wine will make you feel warm and happy. :drinker:
    The wine will make you eat the big mack, so you get drunk and you get the calories
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Alcohol has very negative results with body fat % read up on it its a serious topic if trying to achieve fat loss
    www.bodybuilding.com/../drobson194.htm
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    You really should mix it up sometimes, drink some whiskey with a wine chaser...it's how all the classy folks do it.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 945 Member
    You really should mix it up sometimes, drink some whiskey with a wine chaser...it's how all the classy folks do it.

tequila has 28 cals.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member

Unless you value your liver, than stick with beer or wine. For a big guy, a bottle really isn't that much as long as you are getting plenty of exercise (many times it's not even enough for an average sized lady). AND a full bottle of most wine has less calories than a Big Mac. But the Big Mac will make you feel bloated and gross, while the wine will make you feel warm and happy. :drinker:
    The wine will make you eat the big mack, so you get drunk and you get the calories

Ick! It doesn't make me eat Big Macs. I have wine nearly every day. I haven't had a Big Mac in over a decade, maybe two.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I've seen this post before.

And coming from a girl who had her first bottle of wine on Saturday and ripped her eyelashes out of her eye, by all means continue as long as you don't over do it. Kthanks.
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member

Ick! It doesn't make me eat Big Macs. I have wine nearly every day. I haven't had a Big Mac in over a decade, maybe two.
    its a joke!! geezuuuuuuusssssssss
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    I think you are only supposed to have 4oz a night ....its good for the heart and jesus said its good for the stomach
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    By American standards you are definitely overdoing it (DSM-IV TR). Any doctor (in America) would tell you to cut back significantly. Have you considered moving to Spain?
  • sake bombs if you want to be fancy
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I've seen this post before.

And coming from a girl who had her first bottle of wine on Saturday and ripped her eyelashes out of her eye, by all means continue as long as you don't over do it. Kthanks.

You had your first whole bottle to yourself, or just your first time having wine?
  • Cut back on the wine defo....... soooooooooooo many calories if your going to have a drink you would be better of with vodka and a diet drink of some kind, far less calories and will cost you less in the long run :smile:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member

tequila has 28 cals.

Oh, and don't forget - if you don't remember how many shots you had, you don't have to log them!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    Detox time
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    I drink my wine still....cos I know I would fail if I tried to do without..

Everyone has their vices be it chocolate/pizza...

I figure as long as I work it in to my daily allowance then its ok
    I agree!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    After last weekend I say cut back on beer, not wine. I hadn't had anything but light beer since I started logging on this site until last weekend because I perfer light beer when it's hot. One bottle is way over 160 calories!?!?! Forget that. Pass me the corkscrew.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    After last weekend I say cut back on beer, not wine. I hadn't had anything but light beer since I started logging on this site until last weekend because I perfer light beer when it's hot. One bottle is way over 160 calories!?!?! Forget that. Pass me the corkscrew.

Rolling Rock is only 120! #Winning!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Switch to hard cider! It is fall!