Two Hundred Sit-Up Challenge, Jan 2009

Options
So dgrubb5 mentioned on the One Hundred Push-up Challenge board a site for a 200 sit-up challenge. I think a lot of people would be interested in this and so I hope you're not upset dgrubb but I'm going to start a thread about it to get the word out there. Heres the site http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ I'm pretty sure its by the same people who did the One Hundred Push-Up Challenge. Hope everyone enjoys it!! Again, thank you to dgrubb5 for letting everyone know about such a wonderful site :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    So dgrubb5 mentioned on the One Hundred Push-up Challenge board a site for a 200 sit-up challenge. I think a lot of people would be interested in this and so I hope you're not upset dgrubb but I'm going to start a thread about it to get the word out there. Heres the site http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ I'm pretty sure its by the same people who did the One Hundred Push-Up Challenge. Hope everyone enjoys it!! Again, thank you to dgrubb5 for letting everyone know about such a wonderful site :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Teachtheplanet2009
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Btw, Is that your baby in the picture? He has the cutest cheeks! I'd just have to pinch them!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Yes It is!!! Hes 7wks old, just so adorable :happy:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey Supermom! I am gonna do the sit up challenge I believe!! Sounds good to me. I may even do the push up challenge even though right now I cant do 5!:tongue:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my test today! I like doing these challenges and having others doing them with you makes it even more fun!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I am in for he 200 sit up challenge. I going initial test today, and will start week 1 tomorrow.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing the 100 push-ups and the C25k, but what the heck, I love programs! :laugh: :bigsmile:

Count me in, ladies! :drinker:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Also going to do the push up challenge.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I'm doing the push up challenge as well but I'm having to start with pushups on my knees :cry: oh well I'm doing my initial test for the sit ups today and I know I'll do pretty good :happy: Then i'm starting training for both of them tomorrow!! woo-hoo!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the test today, and start the challenge on Monday.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    ok ya'll lots of you said you'd be taking your initial test today so what were your results?? I was really surpised I did way less than I used to be able to do, guess thats what pregnancy does to a body, but I got 20 good ones done... man I used to be able to knock out over 60 in a minute ugh I'm so out of shape but its time to get my body back!!!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Bump
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am in for this. I am so glad you started this topic. I considered doing it last night after finding out about the challenge but was too sleepy. I am going to take the test today!!!

Good luck to all!!!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I got in 21 sit-ups.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Good Job Jacqueline! One more than I got lol, soon will be busting out 200!!! Yay!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    ok ya'll lots of you said you'd be taking your initial test today so what were your results?? I was really surpised I did way less than I used to be able to do, guess thats what pregnancy does to a body, but I got 20 good ones done... man I used to be able to knock out over 60 in a minute ugh I'm so out of shape but its time to get my body back!!!

that sounds like me:laugh: I used to do 50-60 sit-ups every night in about a minute (that was before I had kids). I was surprised I was able to do 35 for my test :happy:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So last night I did the initial test and did 41 so I had to start on week three in the third column.

Set 1-- 21 did
    Set 2-- 27 did
    Set 3-- 21 did
    Set 4-- 21 did
    Set 5-- max (at least 30) I did 80!!!:noway:

I couldn't believe it I just kept going! I know tomorrow I'm going to be sore but to be able to do 200 crunches would be fantastic!!!!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    So last night I did the initial test and did 41 so I had to start on week three in the third column.

Set 1-- 21 did
    Set 2-- 27 did
    Set 3-- 21 did
    Set 4-- 21 did
    Set 5-- max (at least 30) I did 80!!!:noway:

I couldn't believe it I just kept going! I know tomorrow I'm going to be sore but to be able to do 200 crunches would be fantastic!!!!

Are you doing crunches or full sit ups??
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Yay, I found it! I think the challenge site said to pause at the top for a couple of seconds before releasing. Are you all doing that? I think I will end up doing fewer that way, but I will try it. I am going to do the initial test this morning and then try to do day one this afternoon. I am also doing the push ups again. Looking forward to it!
    MM
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    On my test I did 40.
    So today I started week 1, level 3
    at least 14, I did 20

I am pausing at the top.

Off to post on the push ups!