How many calories will I burn during zumba?

Options
13»

Replies

• Shannon7680
    Options
    In a 45 min class assuming it is medium intensity you will burn almost 600-700 calories if you are putting your all into it! This is accurate, I assure you as I also do Zumba and have to track my calories! http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/ this site can help you if you don't have a watch that tells you your caloric burn. Also Zumba on the Wii shows calories burned and it is the same as the site I just gave you a link to. Have fun!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It depends on how hard your working out. In the beginning your trying to learn the routines so moving slowly compared to someone who has been going awhile & truely moving the whole time. Depends on which class your taking Original Zumba, Zumba Gold, Aqua Zumba, Zumba toning & where hearing a new one is coming out that will burn more Turbo Zumba with kick boxing moves. I see many in my class that I do circles around, they never break a sweat, least they are trying & doing what they can.
  • lissaloue
    lissaloue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used that site to check what I did today on the Wii playing Zumba 2 and that site gave me WAY more than what the game gave me. Glad I checked that because I don't want to over estimate what I have been doing. The site said for 40 minutes at a low intensity (yes I give it hell when I play) while out of breath at the end was 386. The game said 255. :happy:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I've used both a BodyBugg and a HRM, and burn roughly 500 calories in a 60 minute class, if I'm really moving.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting a HRM for Zumba, because I've been going for 3 years, and have no idea how many calories I'm burning. Can you or anyone tell me about their HRM, how much they cost, what kind to get (arm or wrist), and if they are accurate?
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    After reading this, I've decided, I really want a hr monitor! I've been doing zumba for over a year, and now I'm an instructor. I've lost 60lb's, but haven't been losing as fast lately. Probably need to do it more often, but really want to see how many calories I'm burning. Any suggestions on a cheap one, that works???
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    So, I went out and bought a heart rate monitor. Tried it out at Zumba last night. My husband told me I'd either be very happy or very disappointed. I said I would be happy if I got up to 350 calories burned an hour. Nope....730! And, never having used the HRM before, I accidentally stopped the timer for 2 songs, so I actually burned MORE than that! Unreal! I asked my instructor if that sounded too high, and she told me that several other ladies wear HRM's and are coming up with the same numbers. Incredible. Also, my heart rate was between 80 and 85% for the whole hour, which, according to the HRM instruction manual, "is the zone (the Endurance Zone) you want to be in to burn maximum calories from carbs and fat.
    Incredible!