LO LO CAL CHOCOLATE CAKE-DELICIOUS!!

Options

Replies

• meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ooooh interesting but do they have canned pumpkin in the uk?
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    saved 2 my Iphone!! next time i go to the grocery store i'll be grabbing these 2 ingredients 4 sure!!
  • JJostesCheng
    Options
    Bump
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This definitely sounds worth a try. Thank you.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • runbikebreathe
    Options
    I am obsessed with baking with pumpkin. I tried it with a golden cake mix as well and it was even better than the chocolate! I was a bit skeptical as I thought the lack of chocolate flavour might let the pumpkin taste come through, but it tasted nothing like it. No matter what flavour of cake mix you use, you will end up with the moistest, most delicious cake.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Wow this sounds amazing... and so easy!!! Have you tried it with any other cake mix flavors?

I can't wait to try it... I just have to make sure there will be plenty of other people around when I make it so that I won't eat the whole thing myself :laugh:
  • sandradi11
    Options
    This sounds lovely but just don't know if we can get canned pumpkin in the UK? I can't say that i've ever seen it but i'm going to make it my mission to find out. Too many threads with delicious pumpkin based recipes on here at the moment!

• emj1978
    Options
    oh that sounds fabulous! And to the person who asked about boiled pumpkin, if you google there is probably somewhere that will tell you how much pumpkin puree you would need to equal 1 can of pumpkin puree.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, I see on the post you mentioned pumpkin pie filling, don"t use that, it has to be plain pumpkin with nothing in it..good luck.
  • gandydancer
    Options
    Hi, I did see someone else make it with yellow cake mix, never tried that combo tho.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, thanks! I love Autumn and all of it's pumpkin recipes. I've added pumpkin to spice cake mix which was really good and a favorite of my kids. I can't wait to try the chocolate version.

If you get the big can of pumpkin (I think it's like 28oz) only use half of it per whole box of cake mix. I use the 15 oz. can of pumpkin per box of mix and it comes out more cake like. If you use the entire big can (28oz) per box of mix, it comes out way too moist and sticky, IMO. The lesser amount of pumpkin makes it more cake-like. I also add about 4 milk chocolate chips or butterscotch chips to mine (I make muffins). And to reiterate the OP's direction, you only add the pumpkin to the cake mix....no eggs, no oil, absolutely nothing else unless you want to augment the flavor. Then, bake it exactly as indicated on the cake mix box, as if you added the eggs/oil/water/whatever.

My kids eat the pumpkin/spice cake muffins for breakfast. Pumpkin is so healthy!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Just made this recipe. Was good. I added some whip cream to the top that made it even better. My calorie count came out to 173 cal per 1/12 of the whole recipe minus the whipped cream.
  • wvfrog22
    Options
    This sounds great! Can't wait to try!
  • stephanie_88
    Options
    I made this yesterday and it is FABULOUS! I love it! Light and fudgy at the same time. Even my 5 year old daughter loves it. Can't wait to try other flavors. Thanks!
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is the best chocolate cake I have eaten...
    1 Box of chocolate cake mix dry
    1 15oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)...mix with a wooden spoon until all moistened.

Thats it....spray with Joy cooking spray in a 9 x 13 pan bake at 350 degrees for about 20 mins and then check with toothpick, should be moist, don't over cook, so fudgey and delicious.

Let mee know how much you love it.:explode: :heart: :heart:
  • gandydancer
    Options
    Someoe mentioned whipped cream, great idea, but I sprinkle confectioners sugar in a shaker on top over the surface when cooled...hard to wait tho...
  • gandydancer
    Options
    Hi you said it came out to 173 cals, do you know the fat calories?
  • millylucille
    Options
    Yum!