30 day shred...day 1

Options
Ok I'm starting the 30 Day Shred tonight. Anyone else care to join me so we can check in with each other-if we live through it -from what I hear it's tough!! Game on!!!!

Replies

• jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Jillian Micheals 30 day shred?
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've just done day 2 today, I have done it in the past but not all 30 days consecutively, i am trying to do that this time around to see if get better results and yes it is tough especially as you move on to level 3. Feel free to friend me if you like we can motivate each other to do it. Are you going to try for every day? I may have to have sun as a rest day from it.
  • madbeach9
    Options
    Yep- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
  • naomirog
    naomirog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mine got delivered today so i'll be starting this eve!! :)
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    im still waiting for mine to be delivered:cry:
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday!! I ran for 35 minutes and then did it. I thought I was going to die!! :laugh:
    But I really need to start incorporating some weights into my exercise routine so I thought this would be a good way to do that.

Add me if you want! I would love some motivation to keep it up for 30 days!
  • mindy576
    Options
    I am going to start tonight as well. I need inspiration. Please add me if you would like the support. I am going to try to do it every week night and rest on the weekends. I am also walking/jogging in the morings.
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting involved with this too - quick question first though!

Ladies, how heavy a weight are you using with this?
  • diane423
    Options
    Add me as your friend . I just bought it and plan to start tonight..
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just started last night, so today will be day 2 for me :) Good luck on day 1!! Add me if you'd like :)
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting involved with this too - quick question first though!

I have a 3lb and 5lb. I kind of alternated between the two. Some parts were too hard with the 5lb so I used the 3lb instead. I'd really recommending having 2 different weights. I was prepared with both sets because I had seen that advice on the forums so many times.
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I have a 3lb and 5lb. I kind of alternated between the two. Some parts were too hard with the 5lb so I used the 3lb instead. I'd really recommending having 2 different weights. I was prepared with both sets because I had seen that advice on the forums so many times.

Thank you! :smile:
  • czarkeri
    Options
    I've done this workout a couple of times in the past month,but not consecutively. Still trying to get my newborn on a schedule that will allow me to make time for it everyday. But I'd love some motivation to keep with this, so feel free to add me!
  • Erica_78
    Erica_78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started mine yesterday so I'm game. Please feel free to add me as a friend for support. The more the merrier!
  • madbeach9
    Options
    I bought 3lb weights but might get some 5lbs too like suggested above. Who knows? After I try it tonight, I might get one pounders!!
  • naomirog
    Options
    Completed the my first day! I did level 1 but didn't feel as if it pushed me enough so went straight onto level 2 after...now that was hard work!! Loved it though, will be doing it every morn before work now :) Good Luck to everyobe else!!
  • naomirog
    Options
    Completed the my first day! I did level 1 but didn't feel as if it pushed me enough so went straight onto level 2 after...now that was hard work!! Loved it though, will be doing it every morn before work now :) Good Luck to everyone else!!
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This is my first post... I'm fairly new to MFP - and LOVE it!! I've been doing 30 day shred for about 20 days... I survived shred 1 (it was a hard work out the first couple of days, but definitely got easier by the end of the ten day period)... The switch from shred 1 -2 was tough... 1 at that point was easier and 2 was pretty intense... now it's been 9 days on 2 and it's much easier... I'm going to stay on 2 for a couple more days (maybe a week) - there a couple of exercises that are still hard and I want to perfect. After that, I'll do 3... gulp... wish me luck... In addition to shred, I've been doing another 30 minute cardio video on demand (so many choices, I started with fat burning cardio with Kendell Hogan) and some calisthenics. My struggle is more finding the time to fit in exercise. I have 4 kids and a husband... so 5 kids... lol... and finding a 75 minute window without interruptions is a struggle... Anyway, I babble... good luck with shred... and let me know how it goes...
  • Essexgirly
    Options
    I was insired by all your posts so I've just ordered this DVD from Amazon and cant wait for it to get here now!

I am already reasonably fit and a regular at the gym, so i might be brave and go straight in at level 2, looking forward to some more inches lost! :))))
  • FitMami26
    Options
    Kids are back at school now, so I moving on to level 2. Whoohoo! My husband says I have to complete this dvd before he put together my treadmill. Well I guess I have no choice but to complete it.