I like it creamy, thick & chunky....

bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member
I broke out the oatmeal this morning since the cooler weather is upon us. I make mine with 50/50 milk and water, lots of cinnamon, and a bunch of fruit. Today it was full of yummy, chunky peaches. How do you like your oatmeal?

What did YOU think I was talking about?

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 904 Member
    With apples cooked in cinnamon and sweetener, and walnuts.
  • Sound very YUMMY!!! Actually I'm in mood for that NOW! Thanks! HEH!! :):love:
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    50/50 with milk and water, raisins and honey.

My 6 y/o likes it the same as me but with added chopped prunes and figs.
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm a HUGE fan of Elvis oatmeal...oats, peanut butter, banana and almond milk...HEAVEN!!!!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Mmmm this is my fav at atm.

1/2 cup of oats. Mix with water, microwave 2 minutes. Add a tablespoon of dried coconut, half a red apple, chai seeds and a teaspoon of cinnamon and vanilla essence. Zap for another 2 minutes and add a splash of soy milk and a spinkle of a sugar subsititue (if you need it) and voila! DELISH! 5 minute breaky.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    When I eat it, cinnamon and a dash of brown sugar. And I don't eat the instant flavored stuff it's too sweet.

When I was in highschool there was this girl that would get on the bus and she smelled like oatmeal. I didn't eat it back then so it totally gagged me. Weird.
  • Can't even tell you what I was thinkin' about....but, as for oatmeal - chopped walnuts & brown sugar!:bigsmile:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    I thought you were talking about Baby Batter.

Just gonna be the one to say it. Everyone else was thinking it...

And as far as Oatmeal goes... not a huge fan, but Brown sugar and cream makes it better ;)
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    I am actually sitting here reading this and eating mine with apples and cinnamon...But I make mine with water and then only add a touch of milk.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    i was wondering about the oxymoron (creamy and chunky?) that is all...
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    I like mine plain jane! I have always liked just the simple taste of oats. Even as a child growing up I would grab the quaker tub and dip my banana in it so the dry oats would stick to it as I ate it! Hahahaha!

I like mine thick with just cinnamon and honey or just plain.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    I was thinking you were talking about yoghurt, but oatmeal works just as well..
  • I cook mine with water and add a cup of frozen blueberries after it cooks. Then I heat it up just a little to make it the perfect temp. No sugar or cream.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Apparently I was the only one with a clean mind and thought you were gonna talk about peanut butter LOL
    I'm actually still on a search for a healthy alternative, so I really like this post with some great ideas! My favorite has been adding a splash of milk and some brown sugar.
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 140 Member
    I love oatmeal! I usually do the 50/50 water milk too.

Almond butter or sunflower butter and mashed banana. Pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and a little brown sugar. Or mango, grated carrot, vanilla extract and a little plain greek yogurt (tastes like carrot cake!)
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal

SO MANY OATMEAL IDEAS! IT BLOWS MY MIND!

Enjoy! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    water with with blueberries, cinnamon and ground flax
    I'm eating it right now!
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 140 Member
    with honey and fruit too!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Hot apple cider instead of water mixed in regular oatmeal is pretty damn good.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Mccann's - Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal with...
    Mclure's - Pure Maple Syrup, 15 grams
    Diamond - Walnuts Chopped,15 grams
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp
    Apple - Fuji Apple , 45 g