I like it creamy, thick & chunky....

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I like the steel cut oats made in the rice cooker with almond milk.... that does not work out at my desk so i get the plain flavored Instant Irish oats and add in a bit of almond milk to the hot water.
  • have any of you tried making savory oatmeal? i know it sounds weird, but it's surprisingly good. i've made it on the stove top with a touch of olive oil, broccoli, salsa, and a sprinkle of soy cheese.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Try 1/2 teaspoon of light butter and 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce. It's delicious.
  • I broke out the oatmeal this morning since the cooler weather is upon us. I make mine with 50/50 milk and water, lots of cinnamon, and a bunch of fruit. Today it was full of yummy, chunky peaches. How do you like your oatmeal?

What did YOU think I was talking about?

Of course I thought you were talking about Oatmeal! Anything else would have been highly inappropriate and I would have had to report you immediately!

I like mine creamy and salty....
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    I'm a HUGE fan of Elvis oatmeal...oats, peanut butter, banana and almond milk...HEAVEN!!!!

OH HELL YES... THIS IS MY FAVE :)
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Screw Oatmeal!

HFST238.JPG

^ is where its at! Damn you for making me want to eat this now!!
  • I like my oatmeal never.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    I'm a HUGE fan of Elvis oatmeal...oats, peanut butter, banana and almond milk...HEAVEN!!!!

This. <3
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Ok first of all

That's what she said..

Second I love oatmeal but I find it too heavy in the morning I do often have it for dinner with some walnuts, apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg in it .. yum..
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member

Yes! Love it!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Dont eat oatmeal, or fruit, to many carbs, about to go make some egg, can't decide between scrambled or over easy
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    This isn't about PEANUT BUTTER???

I hate oatmeal!
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Screw Oatmeal!

^ is where its at! Damn you for making me want to eat this now!!

I'm a Cream of Wheat junkie too, but not the instant stuff... YUCK!

us slackers have to adapt :D
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    You people are really no fun. This thread had so much potential to get dirty, disgusting and obscene, and you wankers had to keep it on topic.

You are killing me here.
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Mom's Best makes this Dark Chocolate oatmeal that I love love love. I use water in it so I don't have the extra calories and then I add either bananas, strawberries, walnuts, pecans, almonds...whatever I'm feeling. Or I just eat it plain! I suggest it. It's so yummy!
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member

OH HELL YES... THIS IS MY FAVE :)

um, this sounds amazing.
  • I never knew there were so many ways to make oatmeal! This morning's oatmeal was made with water (never even considered milk!), some raisins, a packet of sweetener, and some cinnamon. It was heavenly. <3
  • add Bananas and Walnuts for me :)
  • I'm not a fan of oatmeal, but I like nut butter. What?
  • I'm not a fan of oatmeal, but I like nut butter. What?

do you mix the nut butter in your oatmeal? what kind of shaft to you stir it with?

I would never mix my nut butter in my oatmeal..I prefer it raw and naturally flowing down my throat. The extraction is the best part!