How soon is too soon?

Options
13»

Replies

• acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I think you should take interest in other guys when you feel ready emotionally. Give yourself more time if you think you need it. :) I hope things get better

I'm also worried about him though :/ what if I'm ready in a month, but he finds out and is hurt by it?

But thank you :) This is quite logical actually haha

just my two cents, my bf broke up with me and then three weeks later he had a new gf, and that just crushed me...but you feel whatever is in your heart
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I of three years just broke up 10 days ago, and I was just wondering how long I should wait before I take an interest in other guys? I'm not saying I want to go on dates, or even have a relationship- I just feel really guilty for even looking at other guys at the moment. Will that go away?
    You broke up with your boyfriend..you didn't die. Look away, date casualy, but don't feel guilty for looking at other guys. :flowerforyou:

I was with him for three years, from 15 to 18, which I think is a VERY important period in your life. It kind of feels like a part of me died. I know that might seem melodramatic, but I did love him. He was not only my boyfriend, but he was also my best friend.

So not only did I lose my first love, I lost my best friend as well. It really, really, really sucks.
    I'm sure most of us on here have had something like that happen, and it DOES suck.
    Sweetheart you are young. Go out and have fun with your friends, take care of yourself. Dance, laugh too hard.... If you meet somebody that catches your eye during this time, don't think you are bound to some mourning period.

Unless you really want to punish yourself like that(but take my word for it, that's no fun).
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I think you should take interest in other guys when you feel ready emotionally. Give yourself more time if you think you need it. :) I hope things get better

Moofey's got the right answer. All the rest is just discussion.

It took me more than a couple months to even consider it...but my situation was different, there are kids involved, etc..

She had a fiance within a month, and has a different fiance now. Yay for moving on eh?

=D
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I of three years just broke up 10 days ago, and I was just wondering how long I should wait before I take an interest in other guys? I'm not saying I want to go on dates, or even have a relationship- I just feel really guilty for even looking at other guys at the moment. Will that go away?
    You broke up with your boyfriend..you didn't die. Look away, date casualy, but don't feel guilty for looking at other guys. :flowerforyou:

I was with him for three years, from 15 to 18, which I think is a VERY important period in your life. It kind of feels like a part of me died. I know that might seem melodramatic, but I did love him. He was not only my boyfriend, but he was also my best friend.

So not only did I lose my first love, I lost my best friend as well. It really, really, really sucks.
    I am sorry your going through this. It does suck to lose someone in a breakup. But your heart and your mind will both let you know when you are ready. (hugs):flowerforyou:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I understand your feelings. Just because you broke up it doesn't mean you no longer care for him. You were friends and that is important. You will move on when you are ready. Are you willing to wait to move on because of his feelings and then find out he has moved on with someone else while you waited?