Seriously??

Options
anewattitude
anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
What is the worst gift you have ever received? While it's the thought that counts, I'm sure we have all had " that" gift that we had to pretend to like in order to not offend the person who gave it.

I will start by saying my " that" gift moment was when an ex-boyfriend bought me windshield wipers for Christmas. The real kicker: They were for HIS car that he let my drive sometimes.

Now.. it's your turn :)

btw: I am just procrastinating with this silly post because I am really supposed to be moving boxes and clearing the basement!

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Gift card for Express when I was 8 months pregnant.

I went in that store and literally cried.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    oh gawd...ive said this before and ill say it again:

the EXhusband bought me one time a janitor mop and bucket, you know, those yellow ones on wheels where you can ring out the mop with a handle? freakin' kill me.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

the EXhusband bought me one time a janitor mop and bucket, you know, those yellow ones on wheels where you can ring out the mop with a handle? freakin' kill me.

That's awful.

There is a good reason these men are EX.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options

That's awful.

ooh i got a couple of bucketfulls of stories on this turd LOL
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got a dollar store makeup bag from my mother-in-law. Before she met me she sent me all kinds of nice things from The Body Shoppe. After she met me I got the makeup bag. Meh.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

That's awful.

ooh i got a couple of bucketfulls of stories on this turd LOL

Let's grab some wine and share!
    From now on if my parents refer to a man as "that *kitten*"..........
  • waterjogger
    Options
    My mil and her sister bought diet pills and weight loss vitamins for me for Christmas one year. I threw them away and went and ate a plate of fudge instead. I'm proof that until you're ready to get healthy-ain't nothin nobody can do to make you change!!
  • TishaDawnMc
    Options
    My sweet, beloved boyfriend bought me an eyelash curler for Christmas. Now it was a 16.00 Tarte eyelash curler, but I have never even used an eyelash curler, never expressed an interest in one... I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here and assuming that a sales clerk gave him the brilliant idea.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Boy, that mop bucket made me laugh. I guess I shouldn't complain that my MIL sent me the UGLIEST Christmas plate one year. It made me wonder - is this what she thinks of my taste? Later I learned that she doesn't ever buy things to the recipient's taste, but her own! One time she sent me this horrible orange sweater, which thankfully was way too big. She lives in another state so I couldn't return it here. She was okay with taking it back herself (I told her thanks so much but it's just too big etc.). Next time we went to visit, she was wearing the sweater! This is such a tough subject for me because I am one of those people who try to find just the right thing for people because I want them to know how much I love them and so when I get gifts that clearly have no thought put into them, I'm insulted. I realize it's MY problem and I am trying to let go. There - aren't you glad you asked?! :smile:
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My mil and her sister bought diet pills and weight loss vitamins for me for Christmas one year. I threw them away and went and ate a plate of fudge instead. I'm proof that until you're ready to get healthy-ain't nothin nobody can do to make you change!!

Okay, this one takes the cake! Or the fudge as the case may be.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have to admit the worst, and most hurtful gifts I recieved were from my soon to be ex husband.

I have such a severe reaction to colognes, perfumes and sprays, that I have almost ended up in the hospital from a vehicle with 2 airfresheners in it. That entire day and into the next I was in a room with my inhaler and migraine meds.

Well he would love to go out on Christmas Eve and pick up one of those baskets from Walgreens. With the bathsalts, sprays and soaps.

OR when I started on MFP and lost around 10 pounds he bought me a HUGE box of chocolate! HUGE!!! I don't eat candy when I am NOT dieting. :embarassed:

(in all fairness he did get me the emerald ring I gawked at for our 25th:cry: )

Guess we know why he is my ex, huh?
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    MY MIL (not my biggest fan) game me this small rug once that had cats on it. I am a total dog person. I have had at least 1 dog in my house since the day she met me, most of the time more than one, I never speak of cats, and she doesn't have any animals??? WHY??? And one time a purple modern vase, my whole house is decorated in antique/ western decor. Just where does a purple modern vase fit into spurs, barb wire and antique barber chest??
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    From my best friend....a little black ceramic cat....for real from my best friend and I don't collect cat figurines!

oh and this year I got a broken coffee cup....Nice! (but this one was from someone else not the best friend)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, but I will try.

It was a picture of a waterfall in a giant, gold, plastic frame that was supposed to be plugged in to an outlet. When plugged in, it lit up and a mechanism behind the picture would move in a failed attempt to make the photo "come to life". There were also sound effects of water splashing and birds tweeting.

:indifferent:
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My ex husband told me he didn't love me anymore...on Mother's Day. No present either. Yep.

I win. *Sad face*

BUTTTT - My current SO has made up for that Mother's Day with every holiday since. *Happy Face*
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

It was a picture of a waterfall in a giant, gold, plastic frame that was supposed to be plugged in to an outlet. When plugged in, it lit up and a mechanism behind the picture would move in a failed attempt to make the photo "come to life". There were also sound effects of water splashing and birds tweeting.

Umm.....
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Earrings! I didn't have my ears pierced, but my boyfriend go mine and his other girlfriends mixed up. Dumb but should have check the name tag!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You should all check out www.whydidyoubuymethat.com, some freakin hilarious stuff on there! :laugh:
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options

:noway:
  • passionately_kate
    Options
    I sold my car for 500$ (my first beater) lol, and I used the money to pay my ex's taxes off. Then it was my Birthday and he said I didn't get a present that year because I spent the money from my car on his taxes, and he was going to use that money to buy me a present. So it was my fault I didn't get a present that year.

Do I win now? lol. I then sued him for the 3 grand he owed for me paying his **** lol took me 3 years but I finally got it all! Lol!