When did you know it was love?

Options
Misiaxcore
Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
At first sight ? After a short time ? After a very very long time ?

How did you know ?!?!

I want to hear your stories ! =]

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I think I'm falling out of it actually.

=[
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    With my current boyfriend, I would say it was obvious after a few months (really soon I know). We had a lot in common: Most of the same TV shows, activities, and humor. He's has been the only one that has been able to handle my random mood changes and he's always calm. We met in high school on the waterpolo team. We've been together for about two and a half years. We are both in our second years of college and going strong!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    After about a week together in person (we met online), I knew it for sure.
  • Misiaxcore
    Options

=[

Awe noo =[

Hope it all works out for the best <3
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    First day. We were completing each other's sentences (eww, I know) and felt like we've known each other all our lives.
  • Misiaxcore
    Options
    After about a week together in person (we met online), I knew it for sure.

How'd you know !
  • Apryl546
    Options

=[

Awe noo =[

Hope it all works out for the best <3
    Me too.
    I'm trying my hardest. I usually end relationship by now, but for him I'm fighting.
  • Apryl546
    Options
    doublepost. Why cant we have a delete button? D:
  • Misiaxcore
    Options
    Baha cute stories :3
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Well, my fiance and I have been together 8 years. (9 years Sept 13th) and I knew for sure about 2 years in. I had been struggling with the idea for quite sometime. But, when I realized I wanted to give him my ALL (if you know what I mean), I knew I loved him. I had never felt like that with anyone. To this day, I still get butterflies when we're together. Even after this long, we still act like silly teenagers. LOL
  • warlocksmistress
    Options
    I never knew. The person I thought I loved turned into someone else completely after a few years.

Be careful.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly? The first time we met in person (we met online and talked online, on the phone, etc for awhile before we met in person).

I knew I really liked him after talking to him online and on the phone, but the minute I was actually able to put my arms around him? Have a face to face conversation with him?

It was a done deal. :)

We were long distance (but saw each other regularly -- put a TON of miles on our cars) for the first year and we've been living together for a year. :)
  • Mrz_Rich
    Options
    A very short time (2 months or so)...Ealry on I told all of my closest friends that I was gonna marry him someday. Doesn't matter to me at all that this is my 2nd marriage...in my eyes he is the only one I have ever truly loved. I met him 2 years after my first marriage ended and we were friends for awhile first and then dated a few months...shortly after we were married. He is the one I was meant to be with...forever! I love him more than words can say!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im a love cynic. This is.... sort of... restoring my faith.
  • goodwille
    Options
    I am sorry to say that I think I may be a hopeless romantic. There are 4 girls I have loved. Or believed I loved them at the time.
    I have grown a love over 3 or 4 years, and then she broke up with me.
    I have confused love for lust, and still dream about trying to make things work a second time around.
    I have Loved at first sight, she broke up with me.
    I have slowly over a few months and ma currently falling out of love, which to me would seem to mean I never actually loved her.

These aren't in chronological order.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Honestly? The first time we met in person (we met online and talked online, on the phone, etc for awhile before we met in person).

I knew I really liked him after talking to him online and on the phone, but the minute I was actually able to put my arms around him? Have a face to face conversation with him?

We were long distance (but saw each other regularly -- put a TON of miles on our cars) for the first year and we've been living together for a year. :)

Really great story!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

Really great story!

Aw. Thanks. :)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    My bf and I met via an online dating service. Before we met, we already couldn't stop talking: we'd be online chatting for HOURS. When we had our first date, it was the same, continuous conversation. So I guess the signs were there from the get-go.

However, I guess the reality of it is that I decided not to follow my job (which I loved, was respected, and all that awesomeness) to stay with him.

I hope that's love. Otherwise, I made a pretty stupid choice. ;)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I must say, I am a cynic as well. I believe love is an evolutionary adaption to help couples succeed at raising a baby together. Caveman stuff. You fall in love, and then you are blind to all their faults, because you need them. And if you couldn't ignore the bad stuff, you would break up and then have less of a chance of raising a healthy baby.

I don't think humans are meant to be monogamous to one person their entire lives...and divorce rates support this. I do think it's possible, and very desirable, but I just don't think it's really in our makeup. Serial monagamy is more in line with our nature. It takes a lot of work to keep a relationship happy and healthy for a lifetime. At least that's what I hear.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My wife and I met in high school. Nothing serious then, just friends. When I graduated we dated for a few months and then I joined the military. Ten year later I was home on leave and we met. We got back together, married 9/9/99, and have been happily married for 12 years. Anniversary is tomorrow.