Isagenix?

Options

Replies

• DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    For $380/mo per person you could eat 100% organic EVERYTHING and prob still have some money left over!
    Whole food all the way IMO!!
  • Darkness2120
    Options
    Complete rip-off. And as you stated yourself, the kidneys and liver do just fine at cleansing the body on their own. If someone seriously thinks a "cleanse" is necessary they are most likely not eating properly and are therefore deficient in various micronutrients, or they have much bigger things to be worried about.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Nitrocore 24 is a good replacement shake if that's your deal. At about .87 per serving, it's very reasonable and tastes good.

You will find 10 strategically-chosen types of protein in every serving of Nitro Core 24. 24 grams of premium blended protein per scoop from ultra-fast acting, partially hydrolyzed whey proteins to much more slowly-digested micellar casein proteins, Nitro Core 24 is a full-spectrum, sustained-release protein blend designed to be used any time of the day or night. Plus, Nitro Core 24 provides 5 grams of hunger-satisfying dietary fiber to help keep you full longer as well as omega, monounsaturated, and MCT fats for energy and a taste that’s creamy and incredibly delicious. And, as you'd expect from Optimum Nutrition Nitro Core 24 is instantized to mix easily so you can enjoy it just about everywhere. Nitro Core 24 is enzyme fortified for easier digestion and absorption.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1 Scoop (48g)
    Servings Per Container 28

Amount Per Serving

Calories 200
    Calories From Fat 45

Total Fat - 5g
    Saturated Fat - 1.5g
    Trans Fat - 0g
    Cholesterol - 45mg
    Sodium - 180mg
    Total Carbohydrate - 14g
    Dietary Fiber - 5g
    Sugars - 2g
    Protein - 24g

Other Ingredients:

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolates, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate, Glutamine Peptides, Whey Peptides), Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Modified Food Starch, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Tocopherols), Fiber Blend (Polydextrose, Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum, Inulin), Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Lecithin, Salt, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Sucralose, Aminogen®, Carbogen®, Lactase.

Allergen Information: Contains Milk, Egg, Wheat, And Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients.
  • ladycomix
    Options

As for cost, it isn't expensive. Most people spend at least $7-10 on a balanced meal, at least where I live, so a meal replacement shake is only $2.65, so for less than $6 a day you are getting 2 full meal replacements. What is expensive is being in the hospital and not being able to work or being so tired that you don't want to spend time playing with your children and enjoying watching them grow up. There is also a 30 day money back guarantee. The company stands behind their products so if you follow the program and don't see results, ask for your money back.

I hope this gives another viewpoint which some may find helpful.

Your health is your wealth.

Cari-Lee

anything that costs that much and comes in a glass better have booze in it. Otherwise, I'm sticking with the farmers market.
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lets see here...

Isapro complex (when (whey??) protein concentrate) = dehydrated milk
    calcium caseinate = fortified milk sugar
    low heat nonfat dry milk = milk
    fructose = sugar
    sunflower oil powder = veg oil
    natural cocoa powder = cocoa/oil
    soy lecithin = thickener
    natural flavors = just what it sounds like, prob largely sugars
    ionic alfalfa = no idea, but an amusing concept
    olive oil powder = veg oil
    flax seed, soluble fiber = cellulose/vegetable fiber
    guar gum, xanthan gum = thickeners
    sodium chloride = salt
    magnesium oxide, tri calcium phosphate, = preservatives/trace elements
    honey powder = sugar
    megnesium citrate, potassium citrate = preservatives/trace elements
    copper amino acid chelate = no idea - amino acids don't contain copper. A chelator binds and holds another substance (often precipitating it out of solution).

So, essentially you are paying a cr*pload of money for powdered milk with some added fat, fiber and and sugar. If, indeed, everything around you is completely saturated with toxins, I don't think this combo is going to rescue you... Perhaps you could spray your house down with it??

It seems to be the equivalent of making a fruit smoothie and popping a multivitamin. Or, you could have the fruit smoothie and eat a healthy, balanced diet and let your toxin-laden environment do its worst. Also, New Zealand is a lovely place, so you could consider moving there.

Isapro complex (when (whey??) protein concentrate) = dehydrated milk = processed milk product
    calcium caseinate = fortified milk sugar = processed milk product
    low heat nonfat dry milk = milk = processed milk product
    fructose = sugar = now don't get me started on the problems with processed fructose
    sunflower oil powder = veg oil = processed oil product
    natural cocoa powder = cocoa/oil = processed bean product (exceedingly delicious though)
    soy lecithin = thickener = filler (and lecithin is proving to be abit problematic for the arteries)
    natural flavors = just what it sounds like, prob largely sugars =? fillers, at least processed product
    ionic alfalfa = no idea, but an amusing concept = now who knows what ionic means? blinding us with science or did they just forget to put the "r" in after the first "i"
    olive oil powder = veg oil = ?seriously, powdered oil, now that's processed alright
    flax seed, soluble fiber = cellulose/vegetable fiber = okay this might be okay but is the whole flaxseed in there?
    guar gum, xanthan gum = thickeners = filler
    sodium chloride = salt = nuff said
    magnesium oxide, tri calcium phosphate, = preservatives/trace elements
    honey powder = sugar = see olive oil powder
    megnesium citrate, potassium citrate = preservatives/trace elements
    copper amino acid chelate = no idea - amino acids don't contain copper. A chelator binds and holds another substance (often precipitating it out of solution).

Now I love to use convenience foods now and then, I'm no angel. But this just seems to be a pseudo-scientific ripoff designed to relieve the desperate of more money than they can probably afford.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    aparently ionic alfalfa is a trademark belonging to isagenix and is only found in their products.

from wikkianswers:
    "Ionic alfalpa is a proprietory technology combinging plant source minerals and alfalfa juice extract to enhance and improve its bioavailability. Using no-comprimise ingredients in the "spark plug" of life, these super charged minerals support 95% of the bodys functions. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

nope certainly don't think its for me
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    aparently ionic alfalfa is a trademark belonging to isagenix and is only found in their products.

from wikkianswers:
    "Ionic alfalpa is a proprietory technology combinging plant source minerals and alfalfa juice extract to enhance and improve its bioavailability. Using no-comprimise ingredients in the "spark plug" of life, these super charged minerals support 95% of the bodys functions. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

nope certainly don't think its for me

Ugh, this sort of pseudo-scientific horsec**p annoys me. I am a scientist - if I wrote like that in a scientific paper I would be rightly ridiculed for it. "Bioavailability' is a con.

Here are my criteria for bioavailable: 1. Is it visible? 2. Can I reach it? 3. Does it fit in my mouth? If yes, sufficient bioavialability obtained! Making nutrients from food 'available' is what our finely evolved digestive system does, and it doesn't charge ~$400/month for doing so.

I would LOVE to know which particular ion is supposedly at work here. And what exactly are these 'super charged minerals' that support 95% of the body's functions?? Amino acids? because those come more cheaply - in food.

Awesome material for a laugh at my lab meeting, though, so thanks for finding that piece of gold, Whiskey9890!!
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Here are my criteria for bioavailable: 1. Is it visible? 2. Can I reach it? 3. Does it fit in my mouth? If yes, sufficient bioavialability obtained!

Thanks for finding that piece of gold, Whiskey9890!!

You guys make my day.
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    I like how not one but TWO competitors have tried to sell thier product in this thread as well.

Note to "coaches", "representatives" and "lifestyle models": I don't think anyone reading this is terribly impressed with the concept, so it doesn't matter too much which brand name is on the package.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it..but would never buy anything like that.
  • nattiec21
    nattiec21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started Isagenix. A friend has been on it for almost 2 months and has lost 60lbs and is no longer a borderline diabetic. Tomorrow will be day 3 for me.
    I decided to give it a try because I did the whole smaller portions thing, buying ALOT of fruits and veggies and eating them like crazy, counting calories, gym memberships, walking, jogging, dont go to fast food restaurants, nothing but water, and i lost a whopping 5 lbs! Yeah...so I decided to give this a try. Hopefully it helps. I paid $268 for the 30 day cleanse and between that and my grocery bill i broke even.

7245150.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    I just started Isagenix. A friend has been on it for almost 2 months and has lost 60lbs and is no longer a borderline diabetic. Tomorrow will be day 3 for me.
    I decided to give it a try because I did the whole smaller portions thing, buying ALOT of fruits and veggies and eating them like crazy, counting calories, gym memberships, walking, jogging, dont go to fast food restaurants, nothing but water, and i lost a whopping 5 lbs! Yeah...so I decided to give this a try. Hopefully it helps. I paid $268 for the 30 day cleanse and between that and my grocery bill i broke even.

7245150.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Liquid diets are temporary. All your seeing is a large calorie deficit. If you did the same with food, you'd get the same results. Problem lies when you go back to regular eating. Well, at least you broke even.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Cari-Lee:

I don't buy it. If all of our soil and air is toxic (which, to be fair, may be true enough), where is Isagenix getting their toxin-free ingredients? What am I eating? What are these real ingredients?
    This comment is VERY insightful, I think.
  • nattiec21
    nattiec21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know its just a temporary solution. I'm hoping that once I reach my goal or even lose 50lbs that it will be easier for me to work out. I've been trying to go jogging and walking but halfway through a mile i get really bad shin splints and as soon as I sit down I can't move. I was going daily to the gym and really pushing myself, and i didnt lose anything and i was calorie counting and watching my portions and everything.
    I used to be in great shape. I was able to knock out 100 pushups like nothing, I would run miles without having to stop. People would look to me for training tips...but then i got lazy. Well, now i'm tired of being lazy and just want to be able to run again. Just hoping to get to the point that once i start training for my 5k that I'll be able to make it past that half mile :-P
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nattiec21, glad to see that I'm not the only one not selling the product that likes it. I know I could loose the same amount of weight just watching my calories, and I do, but I feel fuller when I have a shake. and yes, I could just drink a body by vi, or a slimfast. they're all similar, but I can get this for cheap from a friend, saves me money, and I've seen if work for her. :drinker:
  • LStrouth8
    LStrouth8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My mom has been using Isagenix products for probably close to 3 years now. She's lost over 30lbs on it and kept it off. My dad has been using the shakes for breakfast and one of the bars for lunch and has lost and kept off about 15lbs. I recently started the program (about 2 weeks ago) and down 3lbs. For me, it's more that the program works with my schedule and if you stick with it, you learn to overall eat healthier. I enjoy having the shakes for breakfast because I'm not really a fan of breakfast anyway.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Instead of looking at it as reps selling it are out to soak you on a scam, maybe you could look at it as the people who have tried and and found success in it believe in it so much that they became reps to share what they have found worked for them with others...
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    Instead of looking at it as reps selling it are out to soak you on a scam, maybe you could look at it as the people who have tried and and found success in it believe in it so much that they became reps to share what they have found worked for them with others...

I didn't walk into it thinking that. The woman who introduced me to the product is a friend who has gotten good results with the product. It was actually the *company's* video that made me take a step back.

I don't have a degree in nutrition or science. What I DO have a degree in is communication and marketing. And so, what I know is, that if a product needs to take 4 minutes to tell you why you need it, you (almost certainly) don't need it. Also, did you notice that it took a while on here, where there are THOUSANDS of diligent members, to find out what was in it?

My personal pet peeve is people not knowing how their bodies work. It's important. And it's complicated- I'm still learning. But lesson one is to know what you're putting in yourself. You wouldn't drink from an unlabled bottle. Under one sink in my house, I keep alcohol. Under a different sink, I keep bleach. They're both bottles under a sink, but what's in them REALLY counts.

And I personally do not believe a "diet" should last more than a year. You add things to your eating habits, you make changes, but using shakes or bars or powders or plans as a crutch, I feel, undermines your long-term goal of living a healthy, normal lifestyle.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options

As for cost, it isn't expensive. Most people spend at least $7-10 on a balanced meal, at least where I live, so a meal replacement shake is only $2.65, so for less than $6 a day you are getting 2 full meal replacements. What is expensive is being in the hospital and not being able to work or being so tired that you don't want to spend time playing with your children and enjoying watching them grow up. There is also a 30 day money back guarantee. The company stands behind their products so if you follow the program and don't see results, ask for your money back.

I hope this gives another viewpoint which some may find helpful.

Your health is your wealth.

Cari-Lee

anything that costs that much and comes in a glass better have booze in it. Otherwise, I'm sticking with the farmers market.

^^^ what she said!!
  • Duppt
    Duppt Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't do the MLM business end side of Isagenix, but I do use the products. I've been using the shakes to supplement and to help control my caloric intake.

The products are the real deal, they are high quality, I highly recommend them.