Beth's Angels Toning Group (anyone welcomed)

Options
This is a group to help with accountability and help with toning. Anyone is welcomed - just introduce yourself and jump on it. It will start Monday, Sept 12th

The following schedule: (50 of each for now)
Monday is squats
Tuesday is sit ups
Wednesday is lunges
Thursday is crunches
Friday is push ups
Saturday is drink your water (atleast 8 glasses) - might change in the future
Sunday is a rest.

We will start out doing 50 of each thing, everyday then after a little while we can up it to 100. When everyone feels comfortable. Ok. Team - lets get fit!!!

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I will start out with my introduction for those that don't know me. Hello, my name is Beth. I am a single mom of 2 babies. I have lost 53.2 lbs to day, and I have 0.8 lbs until my goal weight of 140. I have mainly been doing cardio, so I thought it was a good idea to start a toning group to get in even better shape and flatten out my mid-section. After I reach my goal, I will then be shooting for the mid-30's. I have gone from a size 18W to 8/10. What are your goals?
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth, I am very much interested in this group and look forward to getting sexy together lol! I am 23 and just graduated from University. I have slowly been gaining weight without realizing it until recently when I noticed that I was sucking in my tummy more often than not. My current weight is 126 and my goal weight is 110 maybe 105 we shall see. Congratulations on losing over 50 lbs that's amazing, keep up the good work!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Oh awesome! I am so in! My name is Cana. I am married and have 5 children (and 2 grandchildren). I have lost 48.6 pounds and am hoping to hit the 50 lb loss mark by the end of September. I started out in a size 16 (which is what inspired me to lose weight once my 14's didn't fit anymore). I couldn't believe I let myself get that large as I was always a 7/8. I am now in a size 3/4 now and am loving it. My midsection is my remaining problem and my goal is to flatten it out by Christmas and to get my body fat down to 21%. I am currently at 27-28%.
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Carla. I have been working out and losing weight for about 8 months and have lost 44 pounds. It is time to tone so I feel this is a great program to work with a group of people so we can motivate each other to succeed. I have 11 pounds to get to my goal of 140. Let's get it done......:smile:
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to tone too. That is where I have been lacking and I think it will help me get over this stinking plateau. My name is Shannon. I am married to the sweetest man, have 2 (dare I say) grown children (22 and 19). I have one adorable grandson. I have lost 29 pounds so far and want to lose another 19. I am struggling right now, but I know I don't want to go back the other way. I also have to make sure that something that someone said to me does not happen. Someone asked why I wanted to lose so much weight because I was just going to put it back on. I thought it was rude and I thought she was my friend. I will keep this off just because she said that. Keep me accountable!
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth, I'm in!
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 year old registered nurse who just can't seem to keep the pounds away. I've tried many times on my own and have made no progress, so now I'm making as many people know my goals and hope they help me stick to them!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Welcome aboard everyone - I am glad to have each and everyone of you!!! We WILL do this together!!!!
  • ccckwalk
    Options
    Hi Beth and all the rest of you. My name is Corina. I am a stay at home mom with two children, 5 and 22 months. I recently started taking classes to apply for Nursing school. I have been using MFP for over a year and have lost 46pounds, just 4 pounds to go. I would love to add a little bit of toning to my days! Sounds like fun and no stress!!! I am in!~Corina
  • wellsam09
    Options
    Hi Beth! My name is Amanda and I just joined MFP yesterday. I was very interested when it was recommended to me by another friend who has lost 60 pounds. I am wanting to lose 20 pounds, I'm finding it difficult to even know where to begin working out after foot surgery so I thought join a group that will keep you motivated to start the process of toning and getting in shape. I am in and ready to begin!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I want to join!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Verification: Saturday means you drink at least 8 glasses of water. I might change Saturdays activity in the future. The biggest thing about making Saturdays dedicated to water is because I am bad with my water on the weekends and this will help me get what I need.
  • sandijones5783
    sandijones5783 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well I'm in! My name is sandi, i'm 28 and the mother of 2 boys 5 and 3 and just found out #3 is on the way and right after i reached the 50lbs plus lost lol I'm down 51.2 lbs and was only 14lbs away from my goal but now my goal is to stay in shape and not to gain a million pounds with this pregnancy!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I love the idea of this challenge!!!! I'm Chris, a 34 year old mother of 3.
    Current Weight: 261
    Goal Weight: 150
    Looking forward to this challenge to get some toning in!!! :happy:
  • Princess5125
    Princess5125 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds great!!! I am in too! I could really use some toning but also cardio so this group will really encourage me! :)
  • Lesah0808
    Options
    I'm all in!!!! I need to tone and this will help tremendously to get my stamina boosted. I can't wait to start
  • Lesah0808
    Options
    Princess5125:

Calories are subtracted from your food intake which = your net calories intake for the day.
    Here is an example:

Goal (Your calorie goal for the day)- 1200
    Food (Meaning the calories from the food you input into your dairy)- 1150 calories
    Exercise (When you exercise you burn calories not intake them so the calories burned are subtracted from what you have input into your dairy as food intake)- 300 calories
    Net (This is the difference between the calories you consumed by eating and the calories burned from exercise)- 850 calories
    This example shows that you are under your food goal and you've burned enough calories to be able to potentially eat a little more.
    If you don't exercise there is nothing to subtract from your consumed food calories so your food and net calories will be the same.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group too. I am usually just a lurker/reader, but have been thinking about adding some toning into my routine, so this is a perfect way to ease into it. I don't have a ticker right now, but I am 41yo, started at 230# and am down to 184.2. I have been struggling the last couple months to get out of the 180s. My goal is somewhere around 145, but I figure my end weight will choose me. Can't wait to get started!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    welcome newcomers
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Nice to see everyone and meet everyone! I am definitely down with this! I am Tara and I have a 4 month old son! I am turning 21 this Saturday woot woot! Gonna party it up at the NASCAR race in Richmond this Saturday!! So stoked! I plan to try and behave as I have made amazing progress on this site in 2 weeks! 5lbs down so far, tho I only claim 3 bc I had a good weigh in the day I joined and then 4 days later was up 2lbs, but I love this site and the friends I have already made!!! Looking to make more and so stoked to do this with everyone! My current weight is 270.2 and my goal weight for now is 170ish by my sons 1st birthday in May! I think I can do it!! And I am trying hard to make sure it happens! GL all!!!