Age of Aquarius Challenge (Open until Sept. 16) - Let's lose

moreaudrey
moreaudrey Posts: 49 Member
Hey fellow Aquarians (Jan. 21-Feb. 18)!! We've got just over 20 weeks before our birthday(s) so let's commit to losing 25 lbs between now and then! That's just over a pound per week - a sensible, achievable goal that doesn't require complete deprivation or the amputation of a limb :-) Also, this challenge runs right through the holiday season and if you're like me, that's when my good intentions go out the window and I start to backslide--let's help each other get through that!

Weigh-ins are going to be on Friday except for the final one on Saturday, February 18. I will leave this challenge open to everyone until September 16. No, you don't actually have to be born under the Aquarius sign to join. You don't have to believe in astrology. You don't even have to like the musical "Hair" or the song "Age of Aquarius". YOU JUST HAVE TO MAKE A COMMITMENT TO LOSE 25 LBS BY FEBRUARY 18!!!

There will be weekly challenges for both weight and exercise, just to keep things fresh. All suggestions are welcome. We're only competing with ourselves - if every one of us loses 25 pounds by February 18, we are ALL champions!

Just post your name, birthdate/year and your starting weight as of September 9 and you will be added! Don't forget to sign up by September 16 when the group closes.

Hey look, winter's coming and who's that person blowing out their birthday candles? It's lighter, leaner YOU!!!!

~moreaudrey

PS: I am working on a (somewhat lame) spreadsheet but if someone is a spreadsheet whiz and would volunteer to set up the format, I'd be happy to enter the data as we go along.

Replies

• I'd love to join, count me in!

Jessica
    Starting weight. 253.6lbs

I'm also going to add you as a friend!

:)
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    I want to lose under 25, can I still join?:(

Laura

01/21/1988
    SW: 126
    GW: 105-110
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    I'm totally in on this!
    Apryl
    Starting weight will be pending since it's not the 9th yet. But I'm probably going to be somewhere inbetween 177/178. (On tuesday I weighed 177, today i weighed at 178) Tomorrow is an official weigh in day for me anyway :D
  • Add me to the list, and friend me if you like. I have just about 20 pounds to lose to get to a "normal" bmi. I think I'd be pretty happy there. And to do it by my birthday, would be the icing on the cake!

Kelli
    Starting weight - 165.5
    Birthday - 1/25/66

Oh, and I hate exercise too!
  • I'm not an Aquarius but I would love to join the challenge anyways, need all the motivation I can get from other people losing!!

SW .. 212.4
    Lyndsay, May 19.
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    YES! I am in !
    Diana
    Feb 14...(yes, im a valentines day baby)!
    s.w. 146.6 on Sep 8
    g.w.130!!!
  • moreaudrey
    Under 25 lbs goals are fine!

~moreaudrey
  • moreaudrey
    For Week 1 - from Friday, Sept. 9 to Thursday, September 15 - let's start off with something fairly simple (notice I didn't say "easy").

FOOD CHALLENGE: No eating after 8 p.m. OR no alcohol. You can do both if you like...but you only have to do one of them between September 9 and September 16 to get props for this challenge. You CANNOT substitute one for the other during the same week to get credit.

EXERCISE CHALLENGE: Walk 30 minutes every day OR do 15 push-ups or planks (any style - your choice). Same as above - you can do both if you wish but you only need to do one of them to meet the challenge. You CANNOT substitute one for the other during the same week to get credit.
  • moreaudrey
    Bump for Aquarians!
  • Apryl546
    Alright, so I actually hit 176 today! So my starting weigh will be 176, you can update that information if you are keeping track elsewhere.
  • KSHorne
    KSHorne Posts: 38 Member
    Count me in! Considering that my birthday is Feb. 18, this will be an AWESOME challenge!! Plus, if anyone wants some daily motivation and support, please feel free to add me!
  • moreaudrey
    Once the group closes, I will post a spreadsheet with both the Sept. 9 and Sept. 16 stats (weigh-ins and weekly challenges completed). That is, if I can figure out how to post a spreadsheet between now and then :-)

BTW way to go Apryl546!
  • Apryl546
    Haven't eaten past 8pm, and I did 15 pushups. I was trying to do them normally but I am way too weak. xD
    Girly pushups.
  • moreaudrey
    We can totally do this! I am starting to wake up every morning feeling really purposeful about eating healthy, not doing the starve/binge routine I usually do, getting some exercise. It's so helpful to know that even if I can't talk in person to the people in this group, there are other people working together on the same goal.
  • moreaudrey
    Saturday evening bump!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    I want in!! I only want to lose about 12-15 more pounds though. But I DEFINITELY want to be there by my birthday (Feb. 8), or even the holidays! And I always weigh-in Fridays anyway :) Feel free to add me everyone!!

CW: 135.4 lbs
    GW: 120-123 lbs

Let's do this!!
  • Apryl546
    I almost grabbed a can of rootbeer after 8. But instead I picked up my cat and gave her attention instead!

I did 40 minutes of walking today but I dont think it was good enough so Im going to do 15 pushups now!
  • Apryl546
    Bump for Sunday!
  • moreaudrey
    I had a setback tonight when my dinner guest couldn't arrive until...wait for it...8 p.m.! LOL! Oh well...I did actually learn some new kung fu stances today and went for a long walk, so I'm not going to beat myself up too much. Tomorrow it's back on the plan!
  • Apryl546
    I think the hardest thing is not eating after 8pm, because I used to always do it. The time you eat doesnt effect your weight loss. Haha.

15 push ups done!
  • lauram_23
    Damnit didn't realize this started already! I will have to make up for it by doing double the exercise until the 15th! Go us!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    I didn't realize there were challenges for this week either! Oops! Okay I will get started on those!
    Oh, and I'm changing my starting weight to 139. :( I had a low weigh-in that day, but it didn't stay.
  • lauram_23
    I did a good 5 real push-ups before I had to get on my knees to finish the 15 lol and I walked for 30 minutes woohoo!
  • moreaudrey
    I'm walking at least 30 minutes a day no problem - I think I've got that one in the bag. I've already blown the 8 p.m. thing...I'm actually pretty proud of my efforts despite one night when I couldn't really help it because my dinner guest couldn't arrive until just after 8 p.m. I'd like to get used to not feeling the need to eat something before bed and so far it's working out.
  • Apryl546
    Its getting easier to not eat after 8pm. That's my biggest hurdle. HAHA
  • Apryl546
  • notebooksecrets
    notebooksecrets Posts: 36 Member
    Oh oh oh I'm not too late :-)

I'm: Katie
    Birthday: 1st February 1989
    SW on 9th: 184

If I were to lose 1.75lb per week, I'd reach my goal weight on my birthday...

PS: And I've done the weekly challenge this week without even knowing it existed :-p
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    I'm up for this!

Birthday: 06/02/1989
    SW: 194lbs (13/09/2011)
    I'm bad at not eating after 8 - normally because my boyfriend cooks, and if he had a late lunch I'll have a snack at 6 and we'll eat around 9! But I've definitely dropped my alcohol consumption. Had a bottle of wine last Friday night, but not a drop since then. : ) Looking forward to starting the next challenge!
  • My name is Trish and I'm in!!! :o)

Birthday: February 1986
    CW: 173
    GW: 135

I'd like to reach my goal weight by my birthday! :) I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow! My challange has always been getting in 8 glasses of water or more per day. In fact, I think I'll go grab a bottle of water right now.
  • Apryl546
    Bump :)
This discussion has been closed.