Age of Aquarius Challenge (Open until Sept. 16) - Let's lose

2»

Replies

• ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    No food after 8, no alcohol, think I did 15 pushups in the 30 day shred! OW. Aiming for the same again today!
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    I have been doing my 15 push-ups everyday. I started off only being able to do 5 "real" push-ups followed by 10 "girly" ones but now I can do 10 real ones followed by 5 girly ones yay! I used to not even be able to do 3 real push-ups so this is awesome!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    I still can't do real pushups, I can do like 2 or 3 before my arms are killing me.
  • moreaudrey
    moreaudrey Posts: 49 Member
    REMINDER - this challenge closes tomorrow night at midnight so if you want in, post your birthday and starting weight by then.

For everyone who followed Week 1 of the challenge, let me know your weight on September 16 and whether you met the food and exercise mini challenge for that week.

I have to go out of town so I won't be able to post a compilation of the stats until early next week sometime but I haven't forgotten. I will start a new thread once the challenge is closed and would ask that you post responses in that thread from September 17 onward - the thread will simply be called "Age of Aquarius Challenge (CLOSED)".

So...the food and exercise mini challenges for the week of September 16-22 (Friday to Thursday) are:

FOOD: 8 cups of water per day OR 6 servings (minimum) of fruits and vegetables per day. As before, you can't switch back and forth between the two in order to meet this challenge. You don't have to do both to meet the challenge.

EXERCISE: 4 *different* cardio exercises during the week (and by that I don't mean walking slow, fast and medium :-) ) OR 100 stairs (up) per day for 7 days. No switching between the two but you only have to do one of these to meet the challenge.

I'm not a cop and there are no prizes at the end except feeling and looking GREAT so there is no motivation to fabricate anything. If you don't feel like doing the mini challenge then don't! THE POINT IS TO LOSE 25 LBS. BY FEBRUARY 18! The mini challenges are just to spice things up and give us all a bit of a push.

Best of luck to everyone...we can do this!!
  • moreaudrey
    PS - this is going to be a really challenging weekend for me...meeting up with a couple of girlfriends, one of whom I haven't seen since I was in high school. It's all about damage control rather than perfection at this point :-)
  • ladyjoie
    I'll be forgoing the exercise challenge this week, as I'm recovering from shin splints and I'm 'resting' for two weeks +. Which is a pain! I really want to do exercise and now that it's been taken away from me I miss it. : (

But 8 cups of water a day is a challenge to rise to!
  • Apryl546
    Since I can't do the fruits and veggies do to lack of funds, I will do the 8 cups of water!

Doing the exercise challenge is going to be interesting too. But on the 20th I am doing the 30DS again. Maybe that can count in 4 cardio? If not I will figure out something.

I will give you my weight in the AM!
  • ladyjoie
    SW 16th: 194.

My weight loss has slowed a little bit, so I'll aim for a pound by next week - although I'm going out with friends on Thursday, so the Friday scales might not be kind to me! If they're horrible I'll do another weigh-in on Saturday. >.<
  • moreaudrey
    Well, that's depressing...I'm up .4 since last week :-( I realize that everyone's weight goes up and down all day, but I had increased my activity level so much and done a fairly good job with my food intake so I was expecting to lose rather than stay the same.

Sept. 16 weight = 163.2
  • ladyjoie
    If you increased your activity a lot, could be water weight - your muscles like to hold on to it when they're repairing!
  • Apryl546
    Sept 16- 175.8
    Small loss. :)
  • notebooksecrets
    notebooksecrets Posts: 36 Member
    Sept 16: 179.6 - it's been my week with the most progress so far! Challenge was met, too :-)
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    weight on Sept 16: 138.8
  • Apryl546
    This water thing is hard!~
    Lol
  • ladyjoie
    I find it hard some days... am I allowed to count a cup of tea as water? Lol.
  • Apryl546
    I totally failed the water yesterday. I was out and about a lot yesterday and forgot my water bottle.
  • moreaudrey
    Ok, I'm going to start a new thread "Age of Aquarius Challenge (Closed)" for future posts. I will try to post the spreadsheet (or list if I can't get the spreadsheet thing to work) later today!
This discussion has been closed.