What do you use to flavor your coffee?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Working on drinking it black again...I used to love it, but had some acid reflux issues, and went back to cream to dilute.

I just got some Traverse City Cherry flavored coffee over the weekend that is awesome..this might help my make the leap back to black again.

I've also been known to add cinnamon or nutmeg to the grounds before brewing to add flavor.
  • LuckyGirl2422
    Options
    I'm not sure why you're under the impression soy milk is bad for you, but I don't think it is at all as long as it's light or unsweetened(though I'd be happy to hear what anyone has to say about it because I do drink it :) ). From what I know, it's a great substitute for regular milk when it comes to building and repairing muscle (after a workout ) as it has a higher protein content than other alternatives like almond milk and rice milk; those sometimes only have 1-2 grams of protein.

If you enjoy your soy milk, I would continue having it, just a light or unsweetened version, like Soy Slender.

I started using soy milk not to long ago because of lactose intolerance. After I read her post, I decided to google it...it's not pretty. It's not easily digested and the way they make it is terrible for us. Im going to just use hemp milk or almond milk. both have great benefits and no dangers of drinking either one of them :)
  • LuckyGirl2422
    Options
    Check out this website about soy http://themilkblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/is-soy-milk-bad-for-you.html or just look it up, it's everywhere.

Just found out almond milk isn't great either,or make sure it doesn't have carrageenan as a thickening agent. It has been shown to be harmful to the stomach and intestines, and some forms can cause cancer.

Sorry I did not mean to start an argument :embarassed:

no arguments started :).try unsweetned hemp milk. I did end up googling the dangers and wow..Is all i can say! Just going to stick with hemp milk.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Skimmed milk and Hermasetas :D
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I use light cream, not the best thing for you, but 40 calories is worth it to me
    and no sweetener
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I buy flavored coffee if I want flavored. Any coffee I drink gets Sweet N Low and powdered creamer (or if I'm ordering it out, skim milk).
  • kdeven
    kdeven Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use either vanilla soy light or vanilla almond light and add whey powdered protein.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    coffee beans
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just found out my coffee-mate has that bad stuff that's in almond milk carrageenan which I read can cause cancer, so I'm trying organic half and half french vanilla, it's not too bad :) also picked up some natural bliss creamer caramel flavor,havn't tried it yet but I'm sure its good!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..well, I'm addicted to Dark Chocolate Almond Milk...so, maybe try that?:flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why coffee has to be flavoured - how about trying it plain, once you get used to dropping all the artificial flavour you can appreciate a good coffee just as it is.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    2 teaspoon of table sugar and some half and half. Better then the oil based flavored ones like Coffeemate that contain no dairy.
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on the suger free, fat free french vanilla coffee mate :) its so good i dont even use any splenda :)
  • Tati_
    Options
    almond milk!! only 40 cal per cup, so good for you and tastes so sweet. also i add some cinnamon on top!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black which my dad says will kill me. He likes his with nonfat milk and buckwheat honey (only buckwheat honey - eyeroll).
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I guess not many people are reading what I said about almond milk, please stop suggesting almond milk to me lol unless its homemade lol
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Herbal teas have no caffiene or calories. They are a nice contrast to water. There are some great varietys that have come out, have you tried them?
  • CheetoBandoto
    Options
    I stick to Dunkin Hazelnut or Regular Coffee with skim milk and a little sugar. I go with the sugar cause I'd rather have a few extra calories in me than a strange chemical compound XD. I occasionally spoil myself with the not-so-healthy syrup flavorings like Mocha and Caramel. I especially love the Pumpkin :P. Last year I probably had the Pumpkin every day I drank a coffee, but I'm only letting it slide maybe once a week this year, if even that.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Soy contains a plant form of estrogen. Too much of a good thing is bad for men. I don't know its deleterious effects (if any) on women.

in natural forms excess amounts are flushed from the body. however, a certain amount will be stored in fat cells of both men and women (hence, man-boobs). so the further you are from your goal weight, I guess the less healthy it would be to drink large amounts of soy milk.
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Milk! Low-fat, fat-free, almond, soy. Nothing better than a good Cafe con Leche :wink: