Greek yogurt...I'm new to it.

Options
13»

Replies

• janefitness1
    janefitness1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I puree strawberries and blend it in with my greek yogurt. best and healthiest smoothies ever. You puree any seasonal or favorite fruits of your choice. The fruits are naturally sweet and if you have a real sweet tooth. Put a dash of honey in it.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Plain Chobani with peanut butter!!!! SO good its like a dessert
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    I highly recommend Chobani Champions greek yogurt. Altho marketed for kids, it's perfect! Perfect serving size, less sugar than regular but still sweet, fewer carbs too. They only make two flavors (honey/banana, mixed berry) but as a person who doesn't eat/like bananas the honey-nana flavor is DE-LISH! And the berry is quite tastey too!

I don't like the other "flavored" greek yogurts, nor to I like the plain because it's just too bitter for my tastebuds (even after mixing the fruit flavor in).

Another Chobani Champions plug, one container is only 100 CALORIES!!! You usually can't find that unless there's artificial sugar loaded in the yogurt (I happen to hate the taste of all fake sugars)
  • ever_onward
    Options
    I always buy Fage Greek Yogurt 0%. By itself, it's not very appealing and has pretty much no taste, so I usually mix in a tablespoon of honey or agave nectar, a tablespoon of ground flax seed, and add cinnamon to taste (and by cinnamon, I mean the straight up spice cinnamon, not cinnamon sugar).
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fage is my absolute favorite Greek yogurt. Aside from mixing in fruit or a little honey, as others have mentioned, it also makes an awesome dip for raw veggies. I use one cup of Fage (plain, 0%), the juice & zest from one lemon, some chopped cilantro & tons of freshly ground black pepper. Mmmm... so delicious!

In the non-Greek category, I have recently discovered Noosa yoghurt & it is my new passion!!! The perfect combo of sweet, tart & creamy - i am a big-time ice cream addict and I actually like Noosa better. A much lower calorie & higher protein option to wrap up my day!