oops... I only have 620 calories left

Options
for the day.

Maybe I should just go back to bed!

DH brought me a LF blueberry muffin from Dunkin Donuts this morning (I wasn't feeling well, so he was being sweet) I had that and a glass of 2% milk.

Looks like soup or salad for lunch and a grilled porkchop and broccoli and salad for dinner. No snacks.

Replies

• innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    for the day.

Maybe I should just go back to bed!

DH brought me a LF blueberry muffin from Dunkin Donuts this morning (I wasn't feeling well, so he was being sweet) I had that and a glass of 2% milk.

Looks like soup or salad for lunch and a grilled porkchop and broccoli and salad for dinner. No snacks.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    So sorry.... that does suck. I have so been there!! :bigsmile: You can get thru this! Hope you feel better!:flowerforyou:
  • innerhottie
    Options
    Thanks. i guess it all goes back to that whole "planning" thing. Something I def. need to work on!
  • renae77
    Options
    Thanks. i guess it all goes back to that whole "planning" thing. Something I def. need to work on!
    I don't usually plan anything. I just hope that I can make it thru the day and stay below on my calories but if mine start getting high, I start eating lower calorie foods for the rest of the evening. It can be so dang hard sometimes!
  • innerhottie
    Options
    I think I am going to get some exercise in today too. It may make me feel better and maybe if I burn more than my target for the day, I can eat a little more too.
  • renae77
    Options
    Thats a good way to look at it! Burn those calories! That is a good way to get motivated....if you wanna eat! LOL
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Exercise is a good plan! That is usually how I try to cover up my mistakes like that - but hey, it works!

So I know the muffin is around 400 calories and I'm guessing about 200 for the milk. If you only have 620 calories left... what are your goals?

I peaked at your profile and without knowing your stats, it seems like your goals might be set too low. I have been told that you should stay close to your BMR and never under. If you don't mind saying, what are your goals set at now?
  • Jackson347
    Options
    I always avoided counting my cals cos been worried i get obessed and starve myself.
    But i thinking this going well apart from yesterday i ate 37 too many calories....ooops.
    Skipping breakfast today was a good move.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I always avoided counting my cals cos been worried i get obessed and starve myself.
    But i thinking this going well apart from yesterday i ate 37 too many calories....ooops.
    Skipping breakfast today was a good move.
    Skipping breakfast is NEVER a good move!!:noway: :sad: Each day is a brand new day... don't worry about what happened yesterday.. Always good to start out your day with healthy food to fuel your body. Breakfast is one of the most important meals...it sets your day out for you:flowerforyou:

Yesterday is over....brand new start today:drinker: :wink:
  • innerhottie
    Options
    I am trying to lose around 89 lbs. and I am set at 1200 calories.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I am trying to lose around 89 lbs. and I am set at 1200 calories.
    Ouch that's a bit on the low side? Is that what MFP gave you for daily allotment?:noway:
  • innerhottie
    Options
    my bad... I have 680 calories left. Haha... I'm going to stretch those 60 calories~
  • innerhottie
    Options
    Yes, that's what they gave me.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Yes, that's what they gave me.
    ohh ok, yea excercise will boost up your available cals...:wink:
  • Jackson347
    Options
    thanks for the advice.
    I am 140 lbs....and i want to get to 100 lbs so only allowed 1200 calories a day..
    Its hard...but i am getting there....SLOWLY!!
    I think its a bit low...but loosing 2 stone by 6 th feb will do me good.
  • Jackson347
    Options
    I am set at 1200 calories a day too..it can be hard with all three meals! :(
  • anembellishment
    Options
    There is something to be said about setting your sites too low!

That's always been my problem, because I had two sisters who were anorexic and could just stop eating.~So I, the heavy one, always thought that was the way to do things, either starve or keep the calories so low I it was rediculous ... but I'd always break down, eat and end up gaining. Over and over and over again.

In the few days since I've found this site, I found I could eat healthy but not feel deprived.

Anyway, take a peek at the recipe boards to help you manage the rest of the day. Someone just posted this great recipe for 55 calorie soup ~should feel good when you're not feeling well too!

Chicken and Spinach Soup

1 whole chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
    ½ tsp salt
    Dash of black pepper
    8 oz of spinach
    4 cups of chicken broth* (I use 99% fat free calorie count)
    3 thin slices of ginger root
    1/8 tsp white pepper

Shred or small cube the chicken. Toss chicken, ½ tsp salt and dash of pepper. Tear spinach into bite-size pieces.

Heat chicken broth and ginger root to boiling in a 3-quart saucepan. Stir in chicken, heat to boiling. Stir in spinach, 1 tsp salt (if using low salt broth) and the white pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until spinach is tender, about 2 minutes.

Remove ginger root prior to eating.

6 servings (about 1 cup each)

calories 55.6
    fat 0.8 g
    cholesterol 22.8 mg
    sodium 576.5 mg
    potassium 337.2 mg
    carb 1.6 g
    fiber 0.9 g
    sugars 0.3 g
    protein 10.6 g

116686.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I am set at 1200 calories a day too..it can be hard with all three meals! :(
    breaking your meals up into 5-6 mini meals can sometimes help with keeping hunger at bay... it's also great for keeping your metabolism zoomed up as your blood sugar stays more at an even keel rather than going up and down all day with so much time in between each meal.

just a thought:happy:

FC:heart:
  • Jackson347
    Options
    Wowies. That sounds like a good recipe!
    Setting my sights to low?
    :S
    1,200 isnt that bad...
    But i just eat little, but more often cos i cant deal with the large amount of calories in big meals.
    I been ice skating lately, and you wouldnt think it, but its a good old calorie burner!
  • wolfie1106
    Options
    dang inner...

they set me to 1900/day...LMAO

but i also said my goal was 1 pound per week...