oops... I only have 620 calories left

Options

Replies

• Jackson347
    Options
    Also, you know when you first start it gives you a goal and a date in which you would have finished and lost the weight .... is there a way to find that again? cos i cant remember how long till my finish date is...
    sorry
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I am trying to lose around 89 lbs. and I am set at 1200 calories.

That is definitely too low. I am trying to lose about 60 and I get 1630 calories for a loss of 1.5 pounds a week. I usually lose more than that if I am on track, because my metabolism works well at that level. Even that might be a little too low for me. One pound a week set me in the 1800s for calories.

Go check out what your BMR is in the tools section and reset your goals to be closer to that. At 1200 calories, you will hit a plateau soon because you will go into starvation mode. I hit a bad plateau when I was trying to keep my goals too low.

1200 just isn't much at all! Please consider setting your goals higher... I feel hungry just thinking about 1200 calories!
  • Jackson347
    Options
    I checked out my BMR and its 1432 is not far of by 1200 a day limit.
    I am not too worried...I dont really know whether or not to trust them...because it says by BMI is under weight. Should i be worried?
    I cant be under weight i am 140 lbs!
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    how do I reset everything?
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    They gave me 1200 cals and i have 75 lbs to lose. 1200 cals is like starving..I am a little scared.

Stacie, how did you manage to get 1900 cals a day!

:noway:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Go to "My Home" and hit goals.

Go for either 1.5 of 1 pound a week. Use the guided goals. Like I said, try to get it close to your BMR.

:flowerforyou:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I am not too worried...I dont really know whether or not to trust them...because it says by BMI is under weight. Should i be worried?

How tall are you?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Eh - 620 isn't so bad.... you had a nice breakfast. Do a little exercise to "earn" a few calories, say 200 calories worth. Then you can use 300 for a light lunch and still have 520 left for dinner! You'll just have to pass on a before bed snack. Have a cup of warm tea or diet hot cocoa (both less than 25 calories) if you must.

:wink:
  • Jackson347
    Options
    Trust me 1200 calories a day really isnt that scary when you get into.
    I am on 1200 calories cos i am trying to loose 40lbs so i be 100 pounds.
    100 pounds is still not my ideal weight.
    I am finding 1200 hard but i am in a routine and its getting a lot easier.
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    They gave me 1200 cals and i have 75 lbs to lose. 1200 cals is like starving..I am a little scared.

Stacie, how did you manage to get 1900 cals a day!

:noway:

Try setting it for a 1 pound loss a week. It is ok to keep changing your goals until you find a comfortable level where you keep losing, but 1200 is too low! Did you check your BMR?
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So I just went and changed it to 1.5 lbs. a week but it only gave me 100 more calories per day, so I am still at 1300 calories. When I changed it to 1 lb a week, it only gave my 1400. I would rather lose 2 lbs. a week and stick to 1200 calories. There isn't that much of a difference.
  • Jackson347
    Options

How tall are you?

I am 5 ft 9 in
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    So I just went and changed it to 1.5 lbs. a week but it only gave me 100 more calories per day, so I am still at 1300 calories. When I changed it to 1 lb a week, it only gave my 1400. I would rather lose 2 lbs. a week and stick to 1200 calories. There isn't that much of a difference.

It is up to you, but in the end you won't lose weight for very long if you have your goals too low. Please read the newbie thread to get more info on it. You will switch into starvation mode in a month or two and you will stop losing.
  • DjBliss05
    Options

How tall are you?

I am 5 ft 9 in

Don't worry about the number on the scale. Maybe talk to your doctor about your decision to try and lose weight. You sound like you are at a perfectly healthy weight. Maybe just focus on getting in better shape, but not losing. 40 pounds would really put you at an unhealthy weight.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

I am 5 ft 9 in
    whoa wait a minute...make sure I heard you correctly you wanna get down to 100lbs and you're 5 9in??? WHOA...that's very low in weight..... typically it's 100 plus 5 lbs per inch after for woman as a rough goal. SO that would be you at pretty close to what you weigh now..

Perhaps adding in strength training to to tone up and add a bit of muscle would be more what your body is looking for? Healthwise anyway it would be the way to go....:ohwell:
  • Jackson347
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, maybe i will change my goals.
    But 140lbs in is the normal section at the top end i rather be at the bottom as by BMI is higher than i would like.
  • wolfie1106
    Options
    there is no way 140 is the top for 5'9...

i'm 5'8 and my top is 164...my low is either 125 or 130...i don't remember...

100 is NOT the low weight for 5'9...
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1673.

1200 cals a day is crazy low.

I changed it to 1400 a day and 1600 on workout days.

I don't care if it takes longer...I want the results to be forever!::bigsmile:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, maybe i will change my goals.
    But 140lbs in is the normal section at the top end i rather be at the bottom as by BMI is higher than i would like.

The lowest weight in the "healthy" range is 125 pounds. Don't go below that, please! Like I said, talk to your doctor.

I still think 125 is too low, but I don't think I am going to convince you of that. BMI is just a number. You should go by how your body looks or feels.