Weight or Size Goal??

Options
MFP seems to be weighing scales crazy, or at least the people on here, so Im wondering, Is it more important for you to be a certain "weight" or "size."

Im 5'5" and I would love to be a size 10 UK or 6 US I think!! At my largest I weighed 185.5lbs and wore size 18 tops and 14-16 bottoms!!

Replies

• runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    great question .. interested in what people say
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    size. My size 4 jeans don't care how many pounds fit in them, as long as they fit comfortably :) Still waiting to fit in them :)
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    I'm 6', size 18, and looking to get down to a size 8.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I just wanna like my thighs. That's all. Whatever weight and/or size that that happens is my goal.
  • FitnessElle
    Options
    I just want to look good naked. ;)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I think most people have a variety of goals, and weight is just one way of measuring progress, that's why MFP takes measurement goals as well and people post their "NSV"'s (like when people compliment them, they are able to run a certain distance, or are able to get off of medications due to weight loss and a healthier lifestyle)

For me, the weight is only somewhat important since I KNOW I will never "Look" good over 150 lbs...and I want to like how I look.
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    id like to be a size 6 or 8 and i dont have a clue how much id have to weigh to be that... id also like to not have a muffin top ; /
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I just wanna like my thighs. That's all. Whatever weight and/or size that that happens is my goal.

Yeah I hear you....if you ever want a pick me up I'll send you a pic of my thighs...which look awful no matter what my overall weight is. I'm always 2 sizes bigger on bottom than top ugh.
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I mean I have a weight goal because I know what a healthy weight is for me. 145 lbs is smack in the middle of healthy for me, so that's my goal. I haven't weighed that much in years... since Jr. High probably, so I don't really know what size I'll be in by then, KWIM? I would guess that I'd be in a size 10, maybe an 8? Not sure.
  • simplynila
    simplynila Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I originally had both! I wanted to be 140 and a size six. BUT I recently made it to my goal of a size 6 but am hoovering right around 160 . I'm 5'9". So I think a size is definitely the better way to go so we're not fretting over the scale everyday! :)
  • shesblossoming
    Options

For real!
  • hefinator
    Options

EXACTLY!!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    my doctor wants me to aim for a size 4...I will be happy with a size 6...I was originally a size 14..and now down to a size 8 with 10 more pounds to lose...
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm all about size!

If I weigh more but fit into my skinny jeans I am happier than if I weigh less and I have a muffin top.

But hey that's just me :-)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I have focused on weight and measurements. Probably because I am a numbers kind of person. I know sizes vary by mfg so any small sizes have been a bonus to me - which definately rocked my boat this year!
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Definitely more concerned about size than weight. Getting married in 2 years, and I don't want to have to buy a plus size wedding dress. I'm currently around a size 20 depending on the brand...so maybe a size 10 or 12?
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Inches rather than weight is more important to me. The concept of clothing "size" is not an absolute since it can vary by manufacturer. In addition, unless you work at a circus guessing people's weight, who can do that accurately just by looking at you?
    What people see is how you look and do your clothes fit. They watch you try and run down the street after a bus and get winded.

Yep definitely inches and endurance for me.
  • rockchick90
    Options
    I want to be able to feel confident enough to wear a tankini or bikini seeing as ive never owned one! UK size 14 would be great seeing as im an 18-20 now
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    it is important for me to not weight over 200 pounds (highest was 300) and want to be no less than 30 pounds from it, so that is somewhere around170. The actual number I am trying to get to is a mystery as I wont know until I am there. It might be 175, 170, 165 or 158, who knows, MFP surely doesnt. LOL For me its all about how I feel and look, so I have no certain size in mind either to that extent. Everyone body is different, 170 might be the perfect weight and size 14 clothes. If I am happy there I will stop.....you should try not to focuso n a number or size but how you look and feel.
  • AddA2UDE
    Options
    It's taken me a LONG time to lose 20 lbs. However, my clothes fit much differently (you can see that in my picture). I'm not a big fan of the scale. I do it once a week for grins but I don't get all psyched out if it doesn't read what I want it to. The before and after picture that you see on my prof are 98% weight training and eating right. I only started doing cardio about three weeks ago. The scales still aren't moving at lightning speed but I think that has a lot to do with the continued weight training. Muscle does NOT weigh "more" than fat, it's just denser and continues to burn fuel even after you are done working out. Ultimately, I am totally happy with size and health measurements like blood pressure and cholesterol levels (NOT weight). Look at professional body builders. 250lbs-300lbs and not an ounce of fat on them. Scales are an outdated device.