I only have 10 calories left for Dinner?!

Options
13»

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    And I'm not a eat-over-and-then-"burn"-them-off believer. Sorry! It just doesn't work for me.

I don't understand this. Why?

Well, I did it before, and I just COULDN'T lose weight!! Then I stopped logging my exercise (even if I did it) and I lost 3 pounds.. Hmm...

Only reasons this would happen are:

A) You aren't weighing/measuring food portions exactly, so calorie intake could be off (you also need to double check all nutritional information vs. what you're eating to make sure it's actually right in MFP)
    B) You are over-estimating your calorie burn on exercise (MFP is not very accurate, a heart rate monitor with a chest strap is the sure-fire way to get the measurement)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Take a brisk, long walk...
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    It's OK. I don't speak stupid, either.

you may not 'speak stupid' but you're pretty fluent in rude.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    And I'm not a eat-over-and-then-"burn"-them-off believer. Sorry! It just doesn't work for me.

I don't understand this. Why?

Well, I did it before, and I just COULDN'T lose weight!! Then I stopped logging my exercise (even if I did it) and I lost 3 pounds.. Hmm...

Only reasons this would happen are:

A) You aren't weighing/measuring food portions exactly, so calorie intake could be off (you also need to double check all nutritional information vs. what you're eating to make sure it's actually right in MFP)
    B) You are over-estimating your calorie burn on exercise (MFP is not very accurate, a heart rate monitor with a chest strap is the sure-fire way to get the measurement)

Exactly. Plus, if you (OP) are going to eat dinner which will obviously put you over your calories for the day, why would you not take a walk or do some jumping jacks or whatever exercise to help offset the overage? But, instead you are considering just going over? If eating your exercise calories makes you gain weight, then wouldn't eating more than your allotted calories without exercising make you gain MORE weight?!?
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    McDonalds????????????????????????????????????????? what were you thinking the only thing to do is exercise to get calories back skipping not a good idea. McDonalds never a good idea!
  • ziggylove
    Options
    It's OK. I don't speak stupid, either.

you may not 'speak stupid' but you're pretty fluent in rude.

Agreed, thank you for posting. I like your signature too. :)

@OP, I hear you in that I have maybe 100 cals left for dinner. And I ate healthy non-McD's food today. o_o I think I'll just have a light dinner and accept the overage, then be more careful tomorrow. It is not the end of the world. :D
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Looks like somebody's not gonna maintain their weight loss for too long, imo. :yawn: You shouldn't categorize foods into the "good" and the "bad." Screws you up, I'm tellin' ya. And I would have lost all my weight JUST as fine even if I ate McDonald's for every single meal of the day. :wink:
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm not really concerned about what times of the day I eat as long as I don't go over on the calories. So if I'm going to have a busy day I will have nearly all my claories for breakfast and just not eat later on. I've never found that to be a problem.

So, yes, if I only had 10 cals left I would skip dinner (maybe have a sugar free jelly at 9cals)

Don't see a problem with exercising to earn some though. I'm not a believer in eating the spare earned from exercise either but in an emergency it would be fine.