This is for the ladies only...for reals guys

Options
angelicdisgrace
angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
Do any of you ladies get the pms munchies? I hate them because I just at about 300 calories extra after killing myself at the gym. I am totally craving chocolates and sweets. Please tell me this will go away. I don't want to be killing myself and then eating my calories back just makes this journey more fustrating. Especially since I havent lost any weight in over 5 weeks!!!!!!:explode:
I am tired, sore, fustrated, and to top things off I am hungry.

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I actually don't suffer from this.
    But instead I struggle daily with the boredom munchies.
    Thank god for gum!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    doubleposting is a *****.
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I ALWAYS want icecream. Every single month. You just godda try to fight the cravings, or eat what you want just don't eat too much.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I totally get them too. So i just have a small chocolate and a few strawberries or pretezels. That seems to do the trick.
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    I started buying dark chocolate and freezing it and then either melting it over strawberries or eating a few pieces at a time and that helps me!
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    Sure do. MIne hasn't gone away and probably never will. I just ignore or find a low cal alternative (skinny cow, bryers low carb ice cream, etc).
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I crave salt and vinegar.... like a big bag of kettle cooked salt & vinegar chips and one of those huge pickles you get in a single pack at a convenience store and some pickled eggs and extra butter extra salt popcorn with mustard on it. Oh, that and anything high in iron.... liver & onions. I could sit down and eat and entire grilled onion by myself at TOM
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    My birth control gives me those munchies pretty much all the time!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Not since my uterus fell out while I was running.
  • yesenia195p
    yesenia195p Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I sure do. When I want chocolate specifically I get ATKINS PEANUT BUTTER CUPS. There are only 2 net carbs per cup and are only 80 calories a cup. I use them when I feel like I am going crazy from craving chocolate.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I must have pms all the time because I always have the munchies!
  • Bre0223
    Options
    I'm not sure it ever really goes away.. I think the longer you go without a certain kind of food though the less your body craves it, even during that "time of the month". It does really suck though! I used to crave fast food so badly and it was horrible for my body. But now I havn't had fast food in a few months and I no longer crave it.

Try subsititutions. Like if you're craving chocolate try a low calorie pudding. It's not the same but almost always it will kill the craving!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Nope, i really don't.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Pop chips and dark chocolate have been my saving grace...
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you this, but menopause is a great thing. No more PMS munchies. They are real, and they suck, and they won't go away. You just have to deal with it by drinking lots of water, staying away from sugar and have lots of veggie snacks available. Years ago I could count on the PMS munchies, and they are terrible, so I know what you're saying. If you are prepared, it makes it a big easier. Just don't give in to them, keep your eye on the prize, and think of the long run. Good luck!!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    OMG yes. That is when I truly struggle. I want pizza, tacos, bacon, fries, chocolate etc. It is the worst time for me in regards to cravings.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Not since my uterus fell out while I was running.
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • routerguy666
    Options
    Yeah, I think I got bad pms after every time I'd smoke a lot of pot in college. HUGE munchies. I can totally relate. Girlfriend.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Jebus!

We get it, you bleed for a few days every month and don't die.

Enough ENOUGH I say!

Jebus!

:):):):):)
  • g8rlex
    g8rlex Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jello Chocolate Mousse cups are my absolute favorite desert. 60 cals and I get my chocolate fix...

Sometimes I'll melt 1tbs peanut butter and mix it with regular 60 cal chocolate pudding. It's gotten to be my ice cream substitute...