This is for the ladies only...for reals guys

Options

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Not since my uterus fell out while I was running.

Whoah, dude, you had a uterus? WOW that must have hurt.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Jebus!

We get it, you bleed for a few days every month and don't die.

Enough ENOUGH I say!

Jebus!

:):):):):)

*GRABS TOBY AND THROWS HIM OUT OF THE GIRL ONLY THREAD!*:grumble:
  • binks521
    binks521 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    if you crave stuff try low cal snacks or homemade snacks< a rice crispie treat you make yourself has at minimum 150 calories less and theres always ways to alterate the snacks you love but dont love for the cals :ohwell: omg if you like ice cream my favorite is "Skinny Cow" fudge pops!!! 100 calories and all yummy!!!!:love:
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are not eating enough calories during the day. I work out pretty much everyday and over the summer I hit a plateau and didn't lose anything for weeks. I upped my calories and I started losing again. It could be why you are craving those things at the time of the month too.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Chocolate...Hershey's dark choc bar, Skinny Cow, 100 cal pack, dark choc almonds, or Smart Ones sundae. :D
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, yes. Crave salt, sugar, and the most highly processed foods available. I can eat almost my day's calorie intake in about 30 minutes when I'm in crazy-food-pms-mood.

And if I DO indulge, then I have cravings for days later, even post-pms. Crappy food begets crappy food.

I try to give in to the salt by making air popped popcorn and salting it. Sometimes that's enough (and I can eat a big volume of it, and that helps). The chocolate craving is a different struggle....
  • LeeLeeTunk
    Options
    I bought a 100pack of Popsicles...only 25calories per popsicle! It works for sweet cravings and munchies
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I swear, when there is a day I cannot stay out of the pantry, if I am grabbing desperate handfuls of chocolate chips and Doritos and *kitten*, without fail I can look at the calendar and it is a couple of days until my lady time. And I am sorry to report that the older I get, the worse it gets. When I was in my early 30s I was even-steven and thought women who got PMS symptoms were wussies making excuses. Now that I am 40, I am a hungry, raving biotch during that time. Sorry, family.
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Oh, that and anything high in iron.... liver & onions. I could sit down and eat and entire grilled onion by myself at TOM

Y'all realize that cocoa / chocolate is super high in iron, right? That's probably why our bodies want it around that time. (Why the hell don't I crave lentils, then? It's a mystery.)

I get the munchies super bad, yes, I feel your pain! I try not to keep any foods in the house that are my weakness. I like to make things from scratch but often am too lazy to do it, problem solved! :wink: :laugh: I find that making some good coffee (read: GOOD coffee) helps, or a healthy single-serve dessert that's packed with cocoa or raisins or oats -- something sweet or filling. If I just want the "oral" satisfaction I'll crunch on ice or pretzels. It's tough to fight, but I do it every. single. month. Don't completely deprive yourself, it's not worth it. PMS is sucky enough without trying to convince yourself you want a stick of celery instead of that serving size of trail mix :drinker:
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    My birth control gives me those munchies pretty much all the time!

I just switched from Nuvaring after almost 2 years, to the pill.....ummm....I hate the pill!!! Its making constantly think I'm hungry/want food. What a *****.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I tend to have an every other month cycle ... One month - I gain weight - I crave like mad and have major pms. Then the next month nothing at all. I dont get it... It rotates every other month like clockwork
  • huedal
    Options
    they dont go away but try buying the 90 Calorie bars fiber one has some good ones and so does special k. That way you get your chocolate fix and you are not killing on calories. It has helped me alot.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Oh, that and anything high in iron.... liver & onions. I could sit down and eat and entire grilled onion by myself at TOM

I like to make things from scratch but often am too lazy to do it, problem solved! :wink: :laugh:

lmao! The problem is I get into my car and drive thru the drive thru!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm back! And this time I brought WINGS! Not buffalo
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I normally don't waa waa about my TOM. But I was a bit late this month, so my normal PMSiness lasted a lot longer than I'm used to. I can handle a day or two of the munchies. But I was starving for like two freakin' weeks! It was pretty terrible. I just wanted to eat anything and everything. I just could not get satisfied, couldn't get full.

I don't normally mind my TOM, but I'll honestly say that I'm really glad that it came when it did! Glad to be feeling normal again.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    AD, I love you, and I've had those cravings...BUT, did we really need another PMS/TOM thread??? Just asking...carry on.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    My birth control gives me those munchies pretty much all the time!

I just switched from Nuvaring after almost 2 years, to the pill.....ummm....I hate the pill!!! Its making constantly think I'm hungry/want food. What a *****.

I've got the depo shot. So last time I went in I was like "ummm is it normal to gain weight...is there any way we can find something else"

"oh that's normal, watch that appetite!" Thanks doc, I already had a HUGE appetite before what I'm now calling the monster shot.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just crave raspberry jello.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Not since my uterus fell out while I was running.
    That would not have happened if you were eating your exercise calories :huh:
  • SimplyLiving21
    Options
    I'm having that problem at this moment!!! Drinking water seems to be the best solution right now. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to menopause at this point :happy: