OMG it is Candy Corn season.....how will I survive?

Options
13»

Replies

• Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Lol I do that with all colored candys! My boyfriend always calls me rainman when I do
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh No! Not that again! I hate the stuff! And my husband LOVES it! I love almost all candy, but Candy Corn..it's the one candy I won't touch. It's the only thing he can buy that I'll leave completely alone. Hey.....maybe that's Why he likes it so much? Nah!... he's just obsessive with it. Likes to eat it layer by layer, But then he also separates his M and M's by color and size, and then eats them by numbers (so he always has even amouts in all colors left). The only fond memory I have of the stuff from childhood is when I got the idea that if I removed just the white tip and put it in a kleenex with a smear of ketchup...it just might fool the Tooth Fairy... Success!! Got a whole quarter for my trouble!:bigsmile:
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love candy corn!

You can have them, just log every last kernel and calorie!

This!

I agree! Logging it will definitely make one accountable for how much they're or we're having and should assist with self control & self limiting!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'll head over to kick some candy corn butt right after I finish hiding from the Circus Cookies that are stalking me!! Seriously, every freakin store I go into...there they are!!!

Good luck!! :-)
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    Don't even walk down the candy isle at the store. Give out toothbrushes and floss. Or go to the nearest party store and give out mini playing cards, wee little race cars and tiny tiny stuffed toys. One house i came to as a child ran out of candy and started to give out dimes. For the children under 3 give them baked goods that's healthy. (No nuts.) Put them in a those plastic orange baggies at the party store and include your address and recipe so the parent knows what's in it. Also fruit-on-the-go looks like a fruit rollup only thicker.

Just do not go near that isle. Maybe bring a friend when you go shopping. lol.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Not a big fan of the corn but Reese's peanut butter cups are my downfall can't buy them and thank god the kids are too old for trick or treat. Always buy candy I don't like to give out and my sister buys it for me so i don't even get tempted. She's the skinny one in the family :laugh:
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not to hijack, but if there's one thing I have noticed about me, it's that I have an excuse for what's tempting me regardless of the time of year. In the summer, it's beer and BBQs; Halloween it's the candy (I drooled when I saw the candy corn and pumpkins out . . . in August! What's up with that?); then it's the holidays . . . Valentine's Day . . . Easter candy. Ugh, I am hopeless (HOPEfully not!).
  • jk051861
    jk051861 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There are worse things in life. Enjoy your candy corn. Pour yourself a single serving and put the bag away. Sit and enjoy each piece. As long as you budget the calories, you'll be just fine.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    LOL my weakness is around Easter time.. Those darn Cadbury Eggs get me every time!!!

Same here! I'm lucky I moved far away from the only store in town that sells them!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i love 'em too! esp the pumpkin shaped! ayyyy i hadn't even thought of halloween. LOL i think allowing yourself to eat 2 or 3 would be fine. look at the calories on the bag and it might disuade you. GL :smile:
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Personally I think that this whole thread should not be how to avoid certain foods or not enjoy rich, fattening or sugary foods for the rest of your life. If you like candy corn, for heaven's sake, have some!! Life is too short not enjoy what you like... but do so in moderation. Buy a small amount, put it in snack bags (half serving size or one serving size) and commit to only eating one per day or every other day during Halloween "week". I do this and it does work!
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Mellow Cream Pumpkins.

It's like candy corn on crack.

Absolutely. I can just eat and eat and eat those if I'm not careful. When I was in the grocery store this past weekend, they were already available.

And then after that, it will be Haggen Daaz Peppermint Bark Ice Cream season. *drools*

Then Cadbury eggs, which came out in January this year. JANUARY! I never used to see those until a month or so before Easter.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Personally I think that this whole thread should not be how to avoid certain foods or not enjoy rich, fattening or sugary foods for the rest of your life. If you like candy corn, for heaven's sake, have some!! Life is too short not enjoy what you like... but do so in moderation. Buy a small amount, put it in snack bags (half serving size or one serving size) and commit to only eating one per day or every other day during Halloween "week". I do this and it does work!

I agree. I eat what I want within reason. It's about portion control combined with self control.
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you eat each piece of candy corn individually AND eat each segment of the piece separately (nibble off the white tip, then the orange, then the top part) you can make a little bit last a lot longer. Of course, I am from a family where OCD tendencies are manifested in everyday activities such as eating candy corn in the manner described or sorting Smartees by color and organizing them into a geometric pattern, and then eating the pattern in a systematic way. It's also why MFP is such a good tool for me--OCD-like logging, weighing, portioning, etc. are normal behaviors.:laugh:

Ohh and you know you HAVE to eat the green stem off the pumpkins first right???? Right there with you my little OCD friend!
  • jmathews
    Options
    I'm in trouble too! :smile:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    That reminds me...have you ever tried a Candy Corn Martini? Pretty much the best thing you've ever tasted. It is made with infused candy corn vodka!!

candycorn.jpg

The recipe:

http://www.inquisitr.com/45500/after-trick-or-treat-torture-candy-corn-vodka/
  • LisaCFSF
    Options
    Dang all y'all for stirring up my candy corn (must be Brach's) craving! LOL! Bought some, had some, logged it all... I'm done! :wink:
  • LisaCFSF
    Options
    If you eat each piece of candy corn individually AND eat each segment of the piece separately (nibble off the white tip, then the orange, then the top part) you can make a little bit last a lot longer. Of course, I am from a family where OCD tendencies are manifested in everyday activities such as eating candy corn in the manner described or sorting Smartees by color and organizing them into a geometric pattern, and then eating the pattern in a systematic way. It's also why MFP is such a good tool for me--OCD-like logging, weighing, portioning, etc. are normal behaviors.:laugh:

OMG! I do the exact same thing with my candy corn! But, don't do Smarties that way (in fact, I rarely eat candy at all); but I do have a systematic way of eating a Reese cup (doesn't everyone) & a mini snickers...around edges first, then top & bottom! Isn't OCD fun! I also eat sandwiches (rarely) in a circle or square if you will, then the middle! LOL!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I don't like them. so to help you all I'll buy mass quanities and feed them to birds.....or something :devil: