What Diet Plan Are You Following?

Options
13»

Replies

• alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Just counting calories and trying to get enough protein.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I posted a reply the other day to a similar topic, so I am copying and pasting...

I am using the "common sense aproach. That includes:

1. Move your body. Yes, you can lose weight without exercising but it isn't the healthiest route. Being sedentary will hurt you in the long run. This can include just walking, stretching, and other low impact exercise, or you can go crazy with strength training and whatnot. Do what you like and what interests you enough where you'll keep doing it.

2. Eat real food. I try and only eat real food and if the item has an ingredient list, I know what those ingredients are. I cook mostly from scratch for everyday meals using real ingredients like vegetables, meat, oils, rice, cheese, etc. I am the anti-Hungry Girl, lol.

3. Eat junk in moderation and taking a cue from Michael Pollan, if you are going to eat junk, make it yourself. Chances are it will be much healthier than pre-made stuff and it will taste better. I still make from-scratch cookies, brownies, etc. but I eat very little of what I make, set aside some for my husband, and give away the rest (bring it to the vultures in my office).

Using these three principles, I have lost almost 30 pounds, and this approach just makes sense to me. Banning certain food groups doesn't make sense to me and my diet, and there are foods (and alcohol!) I can't avoid for the rest of my life because I love them too much! When I do eat food that is truly crap, I keep the portion size in moderation and don't do it often.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm just eating within my calorie range, moving a little more, and cutting out soda
  • 40lbsless
    Options
    Counting calories and just watching myself. I'll let myself to cheat every friday. Staying under 1200 calories, portion control, watching junk food...just the regular