What was your first job?

Options

Replies

• PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Mrs. T's Donuts. Well, that was my first "real" job. As kids we sold strawberries & babysat.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I was a counselor at a Summer Program in Brooklyn, NY. I was 16 years old and I still have that very first paycheck in one of my photo albums.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I was a Village Inn waitress and a camp counselor. Needless to say, I enjoyed the camp counseling much more and did it until I was 20.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    my first job was at Chic-Fil-A i was a cashier and cook
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Oh goshhh... mine was Burger King :embarassed: when I was 16 and living in VA.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    i worked at a kennel shoveling dog *kitten*...how fun. then i moved onto dunkin' donuts taking people's *kitten*...how fun.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Selling candy door to door
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    cashier at Super Wal-Wart.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    I worked at Spencer's when I was 17. It would have been the best job ever if my manager wasn't a massive douche nozzle.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Sackners Factory rat during the week and barmaid on the weekends.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    A waitress at a Chinese restaurant.
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on how you define job. Having grown up on a farm, I was dusting furniture and drying dishes as far back as I can remember. By the time I was 8, I was in charge of feeding and watering chickens and gathering eggs 2Xdaily in summer and in afternoons during the school year. I was able to cook a full meal at 9 and was baking cakes, cookies, and pies by then. For pay, I was about 12 when I started babysitting. I got $2 a night in the 50's!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Swim Instructor / Lifeguard
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Babysitting kids in my neighborhood. I even had to file a tax return becuase one of the mothers put me down as childcare.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Besides a paper route, my first real summer job was laying carpet. 2 summers. Then, my senior year in HS, I worked as a busboy at Ramada Inn in Fresno.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Oshman's Sporting Goods in the mall. Never brought home much of a paycheck! :laugh:
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Sales Associate at NY&Co (that should have been paid what the manager was bc I was doing her job 9x out of 10)
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bagger at Winn-Dixie
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Worked at my parents restaurant when I was 14 and then at 15 when FICA was involved I got a job at a grocer as a bag boy.
  • MissTanya77
    Options
    I made pizza at Little Caesars....