What was your first job?

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Quality Assurance Staff in a data processing company
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    My first job was working as a residential advisor at Duke University's summer program for gifted students, TIP~ It was a great summer college job!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    making banana splits and sundaes at Braums! Then I got bumped up to fries. Thats right, making fries baby! :smokin:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Sunday School Teacher for 5 yr olds..I was 13...
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Research assistant in a microbiology/molecular genetics lab. Worked full-time summers and part-time during the school year during my Jr. and Sr. years of HS. (Yes, I'm a power geek. Know the USA Today HS Academic All-American issue? I was honorable mention back in '92.) :wink:
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    First job was as a paperboy at 12 yrs old. Busted my *kitten* 365 days a year carrying a 75lb load on my shoulders at 6am. Pedaling my *kitten* 5 miles to my route.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a dairy farm so that was my first job. The pay was room and board. The first job in which I received a paycheck was answering phones in an insurance company. Ive had a quite a few different jobs over the years. Im back to working with no paycheck again. I miss getting a paycheck. :)
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    First job was self-employment. My sister and I had a lawn service "business." We would mow, rake, snow removal. We had about 10 or 15 customer. We used that for pool money. Our mom was a single mom and sometimes couldn't afford the pool fare, so if we wanted to go, we had to make a way! My fist job with a W2 was at a bowling alley kitchen. it was the bomb! Free bowling whenever I wanted and free meals while I was working. (unfortuantely it was greasy bar food and pizza..no wonder I gained about 15 pounds in the year i was there!)
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Waitress at a small cafe here in town.I LOVED it. I only worked on weekends because i was still in high school, but it was a booming little place especially around here. I was making about 200-300 bucks a weekend. I was the richest kid in my class hahah! I had to pay for everything on my own though so i never really had extra money. It wa a great first job. Great place, great co-workers, great boss.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Chuck E Cheese
    I worked the register and ticket counter for prizes. It was surprisingly a fun job.
  • Goddess111682
    Goddess111682 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Subway was my first paid job! During the summers I used to work with my sister on her pool route, cleaning pools!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    At a Garden Ridge cafe! Go me a creepy stalker working there. D:
  • jwgca
    jwgca Posts: 44
    Options
    Baker at a donut shop.
  • missmom57
    Options
    I was 14 and detasselled corn...made it two day..lol
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was a life guard in hs then my first "big girl" job was at a jiffy lube :)
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    Snack bar at Roses Department store. Hated it!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I was a receptionist/office clerk for a small insurance company.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    My first job was working in a chip shop 5 minutes away from my house!! I worked there from the age of 13 and finished at 16! Thats partically the reason ive put **** loads of weight on!! It was nice to earn my own money at a young age. But it wasnt good when i piled on the stones!!
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Video store jerk, starting at the end of my freshman year of high school and lasting two years, until the big chains put them out of business.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Busboy at Godfathers pizza, but with much diligence and dedication I worked my way up to cook lol