100lbs to lose? Intersted in joining a group?

NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
When I first started I joined a group of people all with similar goals, and we would all check in with each other everyday. And it helped me tremendously. It was nice to know there were people who had similar difficulties losing weight, and that we could all be there to help each other out. There wasn't a limit on how many people could post, so eventually it got a bit overwhelming. I have a closed group now, and we could use a few more people.

We will have a weekly weigh-in, and weekly challenges (could be mental or physical challenges, and will probably be optional). If your interested let me know, and write a little about yourself and why you think a group like this might be good for you.

Definitely looking for people who are ready to lose the weight and committed to checking in with everyone at least once a week (if not more).

189349_261379533878643_100000197965864_1235123_5154612_n.jpg

I still have 100lbs to lose (even after my current loss). So looking for more people with similar goals :)

Replies

• 225 still to go after a 24 lb weight loss. Would like to connect with others with high goals.
  • 109lbs to go
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Yes please! :) Friend me. Got about 105 to loose (have lost 31 already)
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Over 100lbs still to lose, would love to join :) Nice to know there are others doing the exact same thing, motivates me more :)
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Started out with a goal of -100 lbs. Only have lost 18 so far. Count me in!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    I'm in!

I would love to have mini weekly challenges to help push along! This is a long process, so every little bit helps!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    You can do it!!!!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    I would love to join if I may! I have 87 to my goal (22 down). I won't have internet access tomorrow, but I'm game for starting up whenever after that!
  • I am the heaviest I have ever been, and I HATE it! I have 100lbs to lose! I have tried every diet ever! I am ready to make life changes that will change my health!
    I would love some extra modivation, and join a group that would be working towrds the same goal!
  • I am the heaviest I have ever been, and I HATE it! I have 100lbs to lose! I have tried every diet ever! I am ready to make life changes that will change my health!
    I would love some extra modivation, and join a group that would be working towrds the same goal!
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    I am interested. I started on MFP a little over a month ago and I have already lost 19 pounds and I am down 39 pounds from my highest weight. I still have 110 pounds to get to my personal goal of 170. I have done this before but could never get to the point of keeping the weight off. I need to do this for my health...I want to live a long life and I am cutting my life short if I keep pretending that I don't have a problem. I know I have a problem with food, for me it is an addiction. I have loved the support of all the people on here and would love to join you guys. I am up for most of the challenges although I am still concentrating on my diet and not so much the exercise component yet. I know I will have to add that in eventually. I thrive on challenges and have been an active part of an august and september 10lb/month weightloss challenge.
  • I'm in too. Just got my 30 days and I'm down 14lbs last weigh in. Another 140-150 to go.
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 92 Member
    I am interested. Have been on MFP for a while and took a little venture into WW land (not for me). Back and ready for the challenge.
    Please add me.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Me too 100 to go having lost 76 already, in 2 years.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Me too 100 to go having lost 76 already, in 2 years.
  • I am working towards losing 120 pounds more. I have checked in every day since I found this site (about 50 days now). There is amazing support on this website I am hooked!

I would be happy to join a group of people with similar goals. I have some health issues that make some of the physical challenges of these groups a little difficult but, nothing worth doing is easy and I am willing to try. Sometimes that 100 pound mark seems impossible but, it would be great to join a group where everyone is finding a way to work towards the same thing. It would be helpful to know what tricks are working for people and what aren't. Its always nice to have people in your corner who have been there and understand and applaud the good days and can dust you off and motivate you after the bad.

Joining a group and committing to weighing in/checking in once a week will keep me accountable and help me rethink that extra cookie or that coke I really don't need. Also, there are some amazing stories on this site and some truly inspiring people. I would be so happy to encourage anyone who wants to be that next success story!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    **waving frantically** Pick me! Pick me! :) I'd love to join some people who've got a long journey too.

I've got 136lbs to go. Food is definitely the hardest part for me, but exercise is tough too - LOL. I've been with MFP since the beginning of August and I'm loving the community-component.

I've joined a challenge to bicycle 150 miles in September - a HUGE accomplishment if I make it! I'm also reading the New Rules of Lifting for Women - I've gotta get some decent, effective strength training in.
  • kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    i'm Krystal. I'm in a technical school for Medical Assisting. I'm 4'11" and I weigh around 215 :( I have to get down to like 110 to be in a healthy weight range for my height. I'm 17 years old. I need to be in a group so that I have people motivating me and I can do the same for other people. It also helps to know that other people are in the same boat I am and we're doing this together. It also helps us to be accountable.
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    I have 114 lbs. to go! I'm interested.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    I need to loose 89lbs, when I started that number was at 100lbs... My goal is 170lbs. I'm 22 years old, married for almost 3 years (will be 3 years on Oct 25th) no kids, and sick of being overweight. I love working out, I have a gym membership and I'm certain that having a gym (even if its a home gym) is essential to the weight coming off. I weigh in every friday and I measure my neck, hips, and waist as well as my BP because I was diagnosed with hypertension a year ago. Today I have a bp of 109/70, so that's going down which is good! I've never joined a group for weight loss but I'd love to join in and have the added support!
This discussion has been closed.