ladies, do you wear a size 5 (27) in jeans?

Options
if so, what is your weight? just curious to see where i fall...

i am 154lbs and 5'6 in a size 5!

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! I am 5'6" and 154 and can *just* squeeze into a 10!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's pretty small! Kim Kardashian wears 27s.

I don't think they make designer jeans in my size. lol I'm still in 15s (regular). 5'2" at 175 lbs.
  • IAmTheAwesomest
    Options
    169, 5'5 and depending 12-16 but mainly 14 at the moment
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh between 130-135 to fit into my 5's. Im in 12's at the moment......
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!! I am 156 and 5'6 and wear a size 10. I haven't worn a size 5 in like 5-6 years!!
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    that's pretty consistent with the feedback i have gotten before too! i am wondering how i weigh so much lol... this is really annoying me.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and wear size 5 jeans and I weigh 157.

Also depends what brand of jeans you're talking about. :)
  • shagybear33
    Options
    Depending on the brand, I can wear 5's.

I am 5'5" and 148lbs.
  • nat102
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and wear size 5 jeans and I weigh 157.

Also depends what brand of jeans you're talking about. :)

yeah you're right! i only know my sizes for hollister and seven jeans
  • amkingrn
    amkingrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly is right!!! I am 5'5" and when I was 154 I wore a tight 10 and some 12s. I am now 124 and I am in a 6 or 8. You must be a small build. I am medium build and am amazed that some people the same height and weight as me are in 2s! You lucky girls! ;)
  • nat102
    Options
    Depending on the brand, I can wear 5's.

I am 5'5" and 148lbs.

ooh okay :) that makes me feel better. i have an inch and 8 lbs on you so we are pretty similar!
  • francena84
    Options
    Wow im 153 but im 5'7 and im in a size 6 jeans from old navy. i wear a 7-9 in juniors. i have wide hips though
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 123lbs... wear a 27 or 28 depending on cut of jeans.
  • nat102
    Options
    Holy Moly is right!!! I am 5'5" and when I was 154 I wore a tight 10 and some 12s. I am now 124 and I am in a 6 or 8. You must be a small build. I am medium build and am amazed that some people the same height and weight as me are in 2s! You lucky girls! ;)

does anyone know how to find out what size 'build' you are??
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i WISH i wore a 5! lol
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am 5'7 and 152.4lbs... and am size 27 jeans ( depending how "low rise they are")or size 5 dress pants
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I'm 5'6 and currently around 130 and I have a pair of size 7 Levis that are baggy enough I could wear a 5. Just depends on the style/brand. Guess it's obvious where my fat likes to hang out!
  • nat102
    Options
    Yep, I am 5'7 and 152.4lbs... and am size 27 jeans ( depending how "low rise they are")or size 5 dress pants

we are really similar!! jw what are your fitness goals? are you trying to lose weight or are you at maintenance?
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Holy crap!! I am 156 and 5'6 and wear a size 10. I haven't worn a size 5 in like 5-6 years!!

LOL I was thinking the same thing! Im 5'7 and weigh 175 at the moment Im in 10's even when I was in the 150's I couldnt get out of the double digit pants :-( everyones hips and thighs are diffent i imagine thats why
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    that's pretty consistent with the feedback i have gotten before too! i am wondering how i weigh so much lol... this is really annoying me.

It can really depend upon the brand and even the specific cut/style within a brand. Also, some people carry weight differently. Also, remember that the number on the scale measures the weight of your whole body, not just your fat! So, you might also have higher bone density (a good thing!) and more muscle mass (also a good thing!).

For what it's worth, the only jeans I own at the moment (I wear holes in them like nobody's business) are Joe's size 27. They're getting a bit baggy. I'm 5'4 and 125-130ish. (But I've pretty much sworn off the scale for the aforementioned reasons. It just doesn't mean a whole lot to me.)