ladies, do you wear a size 5 (27) in jeans?

Options

Replies

• VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    you gals are lucky, I'm 5'5 and weight 140 lbs and i wear size 9. I 'm really going for size 7, 5 if I'm lucky. I'm just happy I went down from a size 13 to 9.

Cheers guys♥
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my hip bones are wider than size 5 jeans. haha
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    WHATEVER...*looking down at pants and hating all of you*
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm 5'7, around 130 pounds and my current collection of jeans run from size 3 to 9. If I go shopping, I use size 5/6 as a "jumping off point" to start trying them on.
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    that's pretty consistent with the feedback i have gotten before too! i am wondering how i weigh so much lol... this is really annoying me.

It can really depend upon the brand and even the specific cut/style within a brand. Also, some people carry weight differently. Also, remember that the number on the scale measures the weight of your whole body, not just your fat! So, you might also have higher bone density (a good thing!) and more muscle mass (also a good thing!).

For what it's worth, the only jeans I own at the moment (I wear holes in them like nobody's business) are Joe's size 27. They're getting a bit baggy. I'm 5'4 and 125-130ish. (But I've pretty much sworn off the scale for the aforementioned reasons. It just doesn't mean a whole lot to me.)

hmmm maybe i should have my mass measured by a doc.. have any of you ladies had this done? wondering if it will be worthwhile
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    5'3" tall here. I used to fit into a size 5 when I was 120-125 pounds. I'm a 7-9 currently. I think. I don't know. I wear a belt...
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2" and I wear size 6 pants...I'm not sure what for sure in jeans bc I haven't bought any in a while but I'm estimating 29 wait or size 7. I weigh 137.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow- I usually wear a 5 from most stores, but 4's if thats the alternative. I am 5'7 and weigh 135- but I have a booty lol
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i wear a size 4 or 6, depending on the brand. 5 foot and 120 pounds. i carry all my extra fat in the stomach area. :(
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    Holy moly! I am 5'6" and 154 and can *just* squeeze into a 10!

LMAO same here sista! LOL
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 132 (5'4") and wear juniors 7 and misses 6.. I just have big thighs unfortunately.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    The size really doesn't say much. First of all, the system in fashion industry is totally messed up. It really varies from brand to brand. :(
    Second of all, people carry weight in different part. I weigh much less than you, but I can barely fit in a 28 jeans. I am a typical pear shape.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    right now im stuck at 140lbs, and i can fit into my size 4 from the limited!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 135-140 and wear 5's.
  • Kissxx
    Options
    I used to wear size 5/27 from hollister and macys when I was 125-127 lbs. I am 5"2 only tho. I am 6 lbs lighter and wear a size 3 now.
  • amkingrn
    amkingrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly is right!!! I am 5'5" and when I was 154 I wore a tight 10 and some 12s. I am now 124 and I am in a 6 or 8. You must be a small build. I am medium build and am amazed that some people the same height and weight as me are in 2s! You lucky girls! ;)

does anyone know how to find out what size 'build' you are??

I think if I remember correctly....wrap your hand around your wrist...if your middle finger and thumb don't touch you are large build, if your middle finger and thumb touch you are medium build, and if your middle finger and thumb overlap you are small build.

Someone made a good point in saying that people are built differently as well. I gain weight pretty much all in my belly and that is always the last to go when losing weight. I also have wide ribs, which I hate!
  • JellyPrz619
    Options
    that's pretty consistent with the feedback i have gotten before too! i am wondering how i weigh so much lol... this is really annoying me.

Don't be annoyed, you look amazing! And must have very low bodyfat% and tons of lean muscle
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    5'7 and I fit into 5s but I'm 125...When I was 147 I was an 8 easy
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Barely 5 feet, 100 lbs and size 4 of "Not your Mothers' Jeans." But I do have wide hips...
  • smoore1971
    Options
    I have learned that your weight has nothing to do with your size. Your size is based on the shape of your body.

You know if you are pear shape, and so forth.