I'm gonna fall down tomorrow - yell at me so I don't! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• kimbear
    Options
    Eat a smaller portion and get some exercise in. Then you will have the feeling that you didn't deprive yourself and that you also stayed on track :) Enjoy the day with your family!
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the birthday meal. Exercise and drinks lots of water. One meal or even one day will not ruin your efforts,but don't keep leftovers around.
  • greej
    greej Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bring a big salad, and eat mostly that--but do try some of the cake and food. ; )
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna agree with the majority, eat a clean breakfast and lunch, a good workout then enjoy, in moderation the dinner. Have a big salad, then a sensible portion of the chicken and desert.

I find that if I deny myself these little pleasures, i just set myself up for a huge binge that will knock me COMPLETELY off the wagon. Of course log everything, the good, the bad and the ugly, so that you can get back on track the next day!
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm gonna take a salad and some fat free dressing and eat a lot of that first :) Good ideas I :heart: you all! :bigsmile:
  • JuliePete
    Options
    I have read what everyone has been saying, and I agree that you can't think of it as a "free day", but a little splurging won't hurt either. One thing that I have tried to do at special things is to take a smaller plate if they are available. That way it LOOKS like I am having more than I really am. It certainly helps me. I take smaller portions of things because I want to try everything. And I also limit myself to 1 plate and 1 piece of dessert. That way I know what I put on my plate is what I REALLY want to eat!