Buying Clothes from Goodwill

Options
2»

Replies

• fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Goodwill tends to be expensive near where I am. Marshall's, Macy's, etc. sale racks offer something around the same price point, if you are willing to look. HOWEVER, there are many thrift shops in the area that support many good causes where I can find lovely designer and gently used clothing for a few dollars. One has a dollar rack, which is nice.

I bought a sewing machine so I can hem the pants that are too long. If only I can learn to take things in!

Am glad that Goodwill works for you guys. :-)
  • QBee73
    Options
    I just tried the goodwill for the first time last weekend. And I was surprised myself. They were having a 50% off everything sale too. I got two brand new pair of cargo jeans(originally from target) for $3 a piece and four new blazers for $2 a piece. I will definitely be going back!!!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    never shopped at goodwill, i'll have to give it a go. i LOVE thrift stores though, i've gotten some awesome sweaters and shirts for $1.00 a piece..i also like store like plato's closet, where you can get some namebrand stilletos for $10 :)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    I have been doing lots of thrift store shopping since I began losing weight. For awhile I was really dropping sizes fast so it seems silly to pay much.
  • Dylanzmom
    Options
    I love goodwill too!! And unless u advertise it no will never know that you bought your clothing there
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i buy pretty much everything i can secondhand :)